Attracted to "Ugly" Girls?

I keep finding myself in this situation a lot and I was wondering to what extent other guys felt the same about supposedly "ugly" girls in the following context:

1. First look, you can immediately tell that she isn't hot and that she'd probably have a hard time even being considered "cute" by anyone.

2. After a period of thought/examination, you realize that there's nothing really "ugly" about her. She's in good physical health, takes care of herself physically, and seems to have a very agreeable and pleasant personality. The only thing that really sticks out to you is that her face isn't quite "picture perfect."

3. Because you start noticing these things, you can't help but to feel attracted to her.

Judging by the way guys seem to think about ugly girls, I strongly suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way. My explanation so far is that we (guys) are attracted to these sorts of girls because they're extraordinarily unlikely to develop "Medea syndrome" and take out their emotional frustrations on your offspring.

I'm guessing it's the same deal with women but I can't totally be sure. What are your thoughts regarding what I just described (guys and girls)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well those girls tend to be a bit more humble than most. However in my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One persons version of someone who is ugly is extremely beautiful to someone else.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe that when dating people and eliminating the factor of appearance - as you get to know them, their personality definitely begins to show through their appearance and since you love their personality you are now falling in love with their appearance... That person is now beautiful to you.

I've dated men before that I did not find physically attractive... yet, who they are as a person definitely drew me in and I grew in love of their smile that isn't perfect, their physic that is not perfect and/or what ever else I may have once viewed as a imperfection.

• I think guys like girls like this bc they can't keep a hot girl around
    then some ugly girls have great personalities and are fun to be around, so he could genuinely like her

What Guys Said 3

• Them being plain won't attract me more. That's just me. I won't exclude her though if I still really like her personality and am attracted enough.

• well, i don't see a problem here, it's normal to be attracted to a person after getting to know them
    i knew this girl once and i consider her ugly and her laugh sound very weird and uncivilized but after getting to know her i kinda got attracted to her, lol, but hardly ever see her anymore
    so don't worry it's normal

• Yeah I feel this way too and I spoke about it the other week on here, albeit explained a lot worse and people slated me for it.