Attracted to men who look like my mother?

Ok, so this is very weird!!! A friend told me that girls usually attracted to men who look like their fathers. The theory didn't sound true for me b/c i never thought any men i likes look like my father. I compared some pictures of celebrities whom i found attractive to pictures of my parents... and i found that most of the guys don't look like my father at all but they do have some similarities with my mother. When i thought about it, my real-life crushes and boyfriends were even more similair to my mother.

Why can this be? I have a good relationship with my dad but a bad one with my mom, if that says anything. Is just a coincidence? Are there any other girls into guys like their moms / guys into girls like their dads?

Most Helpful Guy

• in the relationship between your parent's who tends to be more commanding?
    I find that many men have become week when it comes to their status in the family. I'm not saying this is what happened with you're parents but if your mom has more say in what goes on than your dad than that could explain your situation.

What Guys Said 1

• Lol, well the thing about a girl's dad is he's the authority figure growing up. If your father was absent or mother was the dominant one that could be why :)

What Girls Said 1

• I study psychology so I've studied Freud and his research into women finding men more attractive when they're like their father. And I think that it's important to remember that Freud didn't just say that women are attracted to men who /look/ like their father, but they're attracted to men with similar personality traits. So it may very well be that your boyfriends may have the same sense of humour as your father or may coddle you a little like your father might... That's where the "daddy issues" thing comes from, I believe. That if you have problems with your father not treating you right as you grow up, you may subconsciously seek out men who also treat you badly.