When in a relationship, are you obligated to talk about how many people you have had sex with in the past?

I personally have zero desire to share my past relationships or sex life with a boyfriend, and do not want to anything about his ex girlfriends, is that mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• To each their own, no you are not obligated to share. Your zero desire to share may make your partner feel uneasy and even more curious though.

What Guys Said 4

• It should not be necessary to explain numbers to your partner. Men have fragile egos and they want to know and then dont like the answer.
    A confident mature man would not consider asking a lady the question.
    Once she is a certain age she won't be a virgin and neither will he. That is normally sufficient information if you like and respect the woman. Why have score cards to compare, this is not a positive thing in any way.
    There should not be double standards.

• Well no, you're not obligated to do anything.

That said, if a person does ask then I think it's important to either be honest, or to tell them that you're simply not comfortable sharing that kind of information.

• I'm going to say no. I don't like the idea of sharing my sexual history neither do I want to hear what my current partner has done with other people.

• Yes, you are obligated to share your sexual past with your partner if they inquire how many partners you've had or what all you've done. By hiding it you make your partner assume the worst. I'm assuming you have quite a bit to hide though.

• I suppose I don't care to tell him about my past, since I personally can count on one hand how many men I have had sex with (I am 24)... I suppose it's more that I do not want to know about his past sex life, unless it is necessary to know. I just don't want to think about other women before him, sad I know.

• Point taken, thanks for the perspective!

• You're welcome, glad I could help.

What Girls Said 4

• No. You aren't "obligated"... though a guy might assume you have a high number of partners if you aren't okay talking about it... I don't really see the point in sharing this kind of info when people lie about it anyways.

• you are not obligated to talk about it. what is past is the past as long as both remain loyal to each other from now on

• Nope. I've been with my SO for 8+ months and we have never even brought it up.

• No you don't. That's only your business and people judge the number.