Would you ever date a brown or dark skinned South Asian guy/girl?

I know this site is getting flooded with race related questions but I really wanted to ask this question for the longest time. Anyways, would any of you go out with a guy or a girl who is brown or dark skinned of South Asian descent? South Asian as in Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Nepali, and Bangladeshi. This question is to everyone, whether you're a guy, girl, straight, gay, and of any race.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd date any race. It depends on ones looks and personality. :)

• I agree with you!! I don't understand these issues people have with race and dating. If you only choose to date a certain race then I think you should keep that information to yourself.

But I've seen attractive women who are white, Indian, Black, Eastern Asian, White, South American, etc... I love the diversity in the world.

If you find the person attractive physically and they're kind to you then why let race/skin color be a factor!

• Tru that I absolutely agree with you. Every race has their plus points. :)

• Thanks for the MHO. :)

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I had a crush on a Bangladesh I think he was from. He was so cute. I like nerdy, scrawny guys and he had braces. He was also scrawny and very smart. He was so cute and he goes to my university. He was also my friend and very nice.
    Unfortunately, I get too shy to talk to guys, even when they're just my friend, and get more nervous if I have such a huge crush on them. So I never told him how I felt and he got a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend now. But if given the chance, I would've definitely dated him.

• I think you should have been asked this question instead of speculating that certain races are not attracted to brown or dark skinned Indians. I have have seen you comment on every race related question talking about how white men are the most preferred race and basically putting your own self down saying that nobody is as interested that is your biased opinion and now you get to see what women really think. Any way to answer the question I would not mind dating a brown or dark skinned Asian guy. Race does not matter to me neither does ethnicity as long as we can respect each other differences and have similar values.

• Well, all I ever see are girls of this race and girls of that race asking whether white guys are attracted to them or not because of how much they are so into them. Do they ask the same about Indian, Asian, or any other guys? Like rarely. I've never seen any girls asking about Indian guys, and there are enough Indians and South Asians on this site. I'm not putting my race down, I'm just stating how it really is. When I do write those comments, there are hardly any girls on this site who tell me that I'm wrong. I'm quite surprised by the poll though, even though I expected more votes from people. Maybe most of the people who won't date didn't bother voting.

• "Some people are not even attracted to gous outside of their race so of course those opinions should not matter"

^I'm cool with that considering it's a mainly white dominated site and I think it's perfectly fine for anyone to just be attracted to their own kind. What puts me off though is pretty much all the non-white girls here talk about white guys as if they are god's gift to Earth for all the girls while not mentioning a thing about other guys or saying anything good about them.

• It's annoying to me too but it also shows that many girls that seek approval which they deem as just out of curiosity really have low confidence or low-self esteem. I see it every day and I think its for attention

• It depends on how he is culturally. I don't really get along with the south Asian culture, so as long as he is more "western" from the cultural point of view, and also, as long as his family is "western" too, then sure.

For me, it has nothing to do with skin colour or looks. Well ok, looks, yes. But attraction is attraction, doesn't matter what your skin colour or heritage is. What matters to me is the culture you are practicing.

• Yes. There's no problem. If people dont want to date someone because of their race thats their problem.

• Would u date meh '-'

• I disagree that its a problem but they should keep it to themselves. No one needs to know about their prejudices, just say "no" or don't date them but the whole world doesn't need to know.

Beauty to me, though, comes in all shades and varieties.

• If he is tall yup. And most times that's true.

• Changed my mind already.. yes definitely but only if he's a good guy ^_^

• No.
    .
    .
    .
    (Filler)

• I see. What are you? Just wondering.

• Lol you aren't open into dating brown skinned South Asian guys though like you said so it does matter a bit. Anyways that's fine if you're not attracted to them, the problem for me is not enough girls are interested in us. And I'm always stuck in places where there aren't enough of South Asian girls like Indian girls for me to get to know. If you look at white guys or Hispanic guys, they don't have a problem finding a date wherever they go.

• It's JUST ME who is not attracted to Asian, especially darker skin Asian, but I know a lot of girls do :)

What Guys Said 4

• If there's anything this site needs it's more racial questions.

• It's still a question based site and this isn't a repetitive question like most racial questions. If those who don't like it they can stay away. No one is forcing them to answer. Anyways I'm looking for answers here, not sarcasm.

• Doesn't really matter on external features like color etc she should have 'ok' looks and should suit ur personality That's all

• sure if he had a really big dick.

• I'd date an Indian girl, depending on her religion.

And thanks for clarifying South Asian, we Americans tend to hear that and immediately think Chinese/Vietnamese.