Guys, how long should I wait if a guy is pulling away, to assume he is no longer interested?

Like how long do guys usually pull away for? I have been dating this guy for 2 months and all of a sudden he hardly talks to me
Anymore. takes ages to reply and we didn't see each other last weekend. i have hardly been texting him either to see if he initiates anything but he will start texting then stop. should I just move on or wait for him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what you mean by pulling away. If you mean just spending time away from the relationship, either with his male friends or in isolation, then it's typical man-cave stuff and a few days is usually sufficient, unless the girl has been clinging to him like a limpet, in which case his time away doesn't even start, no matter what she might think, until she's actually let go.

If you mean pulling away in the sense that he's spending time with other women, or lying to you about how he's spending his time, or going out on the pull for other girls, then obviously you have a different issue on your hands.

• That's the thing I have no idea what he's doing because he has pretty much disappeared. before this he was acting as if he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend fairly soon. i just don't get it

What Guys Said 3

• Is it possible he is talking less because his schedule has changed and you aren't available to chat at the same times so much anymore?

• I don't think it's that, he's always had a busy job but would keep in regular contact with me. plus I will always reply to him. its just since the last time I saw him he's been distant. he was really sweet and affectionate the last time I saw him and told me to text him. he texted me then I replied then he didn't. then I sent him a cute photo the next day and he replied once and didn't respond to my next text. he has been cold and I pretty much have barely heard from him since.

• Do you think I even shouldn't hold back if he was the one who stopped replying last?

• That's where you need to decide how important the relationship is to you; you don't know what's happening with him, it could be anything.

• If isn't making time for you then there's no reason to be worrying about making time for him, this goes for anybody, not just relationships. Your time is important, don't expend it on those who would waste it.

• Yeah I am trying to keep myself busy and not make him think I care by texting him.

• Hi:) Seems you lost interest in knowing why he hardly talks to you.

• I do want to know why, but I don't want him to think I am needy

• Did he refuse to meet you again?

• Well I haven't asked, I'm waiting for him to do that

What Girls Said 0