Please help! Is this a date?

I met this guy at a party once and we got along really well. We exchanged numbers a bit and talked for quite a while, and then he asked to catch up. We caught up twice (2 weeks in a row) and then for a couple of weeks after that we were both really busy with studies and exams so we didn't catch up. Now the busy-ness has sort of tapered down and he texted me asking "do you want to catch up sometime next weekend?"

I said yes, of course, because I really want to see him. I'm just wondering - is this a third date? Or is it just a "friendly catch up" sort of thing.

Please, please, please tell me what you think. Thanks all :)

P. s - we are both 17 and now we have not kissed yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me like a date but more in a testing way. He may not be sure yet were the 2 of you stand with each other or there could be a lot of different things going on in his mind right now. He may be waiting to see how you are going to take it. It just seems to me he is testing the waters as to what you want it to be. So if you dress like its a date and act like it is then it will be. If you come across as a friendly meeting then thats what it will be. I think he is leaving the option up to you as to what it really is.

What Guys Said 3

• Describe what you mean by "catch up" Do you mean talking?

• Oh sorry, I mean we went out for dinner and lunch :)

• Yeah he doesss, but I'm pretty nervous around him and I find it hard to reciprocate and act the same, so I think I'm giving off a "friend" vibe! When really I don't want that

• Then you have to work through your nervousness. And realize that he's not a mind reader. He may not be picking up on your internal conflicts. You're doing something new, nervousness is ok.

• Short answer: YES

Long answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

But seriously I think it is a date.

• It is just a friendly meeting i think so coz no one has ever asked another on date and its just friendly.:)

What Girls Said 2

• Being you both have 'Caught up twice in a row,' he is coming back for a Third round of "do you want to catch up sometime next weekend?" Apparently, he had such a great time the last few times you both got together, he is Initiating Another, his way of saying------Would you like to go out?
    This must be his way of asking you on a 'Date" without seeming too forward, playing it cool, and seeing if the both of you have this Chemistry that seems to be-------Catching.
    Yes, in His own words, I would have to say...
    Maybe things are changing with the times now with today's men. This is their lingo for asking a girl out.:))
    Good luck, have fun. xx

• I think that it's kind of a date, but more like it's his way of testing, or of being subtle, so I think that you should ask him.