10 dates and we Aren't a couple yet? What should I do to make him ask me to be his girlfriend?

I met this cute guy a couple of weeks ago and we had a great connection since the very beginning. We hang out once-twice a week but we Aren't a couple yet. He always asked me first to come see him and I was almost always able to find time for him. He was also the one who used to text me every second day to ask if I was okay. Later, I had to wait for his messages so I started texting him first and asked him if he had some free time... 4 days are gone and I haven't heard from him yet... I want him to text me first now but I also want to be sure that I show enough initiative (I gave him a Card to show him how much I like him). He said he is dating only me (so am I) but he didn't say anything about the relationship yet... he just asked me randomly if I wanted to be his girlfriend when I said that my landlord won't allow me to invite anyone to mine as long as this person isn't n'y boyfriend. I really like him but I dont know what to do to get more attention and finally become his girlfriend...

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't believe other answers.. you're not in a relationship (and certainly not exclusive) until the words come out of his mouth. I waited almost five months for a guy to ask me to be his girlfriend, and after all that time and a bunch of wonderful dates I asked him straight up and he said he while he "loved spending time with me", he wasn't ready to be in a relationship (guy code for being a player). Anyway, give it a little more time, and then let him know you're looking for a relationship, not dating. If he doesn't want to be your boyfriend walk away with your head held high, he won't change his mind. Goodluck!

What Guys Said 2

• Easy. Slow. it. down.

I'm going through this thing right now from a guys perspective. I know this girl 3 years and we hang out a lot, and all the same crap you described. I've kissed her and everything... we're still not dating. I asked her out and she asked for time to think things over. (She's a little bit older than me). You need to talk to him and work things out. It may be hard and awkward for a bit but you'll feel better when you finally know the truth.

• 10 dates? You're his girlfriend. That's no longer what this is about. You're needy and you want validation. For some girls that means posting on facebook. For others it means some conversation about exclusivity and the "r" word. In your case, you want something too.

Work out what it is, then tell him. Don't expect the poor guy to be a mind reader.

What Girls Said 2

• Being someone's girlfriend doesn't always come with the question. After 10 dates I'm pretty sure you guys are in a relationship, don't you think? Now, if his behaviour is changing, you need to talk to him about it.

• Maybe he doesn't think its important to validate the relationship through a word or status