Why does he only text me?

I met this guy last week, we somewhat know each other. I seen him a few times before because he lives in my neighborhood. I ran into him in a club we exchanged numbers but he only texts me but has not called. Why? We text all day long. I mean its only been a week but I wanna know your opinions...

Most Helpful Guy

• Because this is 2009, and txting has become the social norm somehow. For some people it is a lot easier to txt a person then talk to them because with txting you can think about what your going to say before you say it. I txt girls a lot when I just want to chat for a bit when I don't really have time for a conversation. If you want him to call you why not just ask him to call, he is probably completely clueless that what he is doing is bugging you. There's only so much txting can do before you need to actually call and talk to the person.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• ya wanna know what I learned? FIrst off, what's his age? If he's 21-25 more than likely a text is not an informal way of contact... it's the new age phone call. I know it sucks, but at least he's communicating. Why don't you try giving him a call after one of these texts and say, I didn't feel like texting a whole paragraph.. haha.. I dunno, but don't stress about it. It's just the new way of life and communication.

Good luck.

• There's nothing wrong with opting to txt rather than speak on the phone is there? I prefer txting to speaking on the phone.
    If you wanted to speak to him you could always give him a call.

• Texting is a less intimiating way of a guy to talk to a girl. He has more time to think about what he's going to say and stuff like that. if you want to talk via telephone, you should text him something like "i wanna hear your voice, call me :)"