Ladies, how far would you run away from a man, who has ragingly psychotic temper but never takes it out on his woman, approaches you?

How badly do these men scare you off? Would you still even come close to consider dating him despite his psychotic and violent temper? What if he was just only violent to other people provoking him but never to his girlfriends?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been friends with someone who's had a bad temper before. He had anger issues and I knew that technically that meant it wasn't his fault but it was just awful.

I was the person who fought against our college for him, pleading his case, and managed to get his place back for him. I managed to find him a place to stay, worked so hard and stressed myself out so much that it wasn't uncommon for me to burst out in tears in the middle of a class, and I basically did everything I could to make sure that he'd be able to learn and have a good life.

So after all that, you'd expect that he'd be grateful, right? Wrong. He then started to take advantage of me, criticise me constantly (a day didn't go by where he didn't tell me that I was stupid), and he would take his temper out on me because he knew that I cared about him. I was terrified to be around him, he made me uneasy and put me on edge. I flinched whenever he came near me. He got angry with me once for flinching, told me that I was a stupid bitch, and then punched the locker right next to my head. He was verbally abusive and bored on physically abusive whenever he felt that I'd offended him.

I know that that was a long message and that it probably didn't answer very much but it's just me trying to show that I'd had a friendship with someone with anger issues before. He never actually hurt me but his violent temper had huge effects on me and in the end, I had to make myself abandon our friendship because it was hurting me too much. That was just a friendship, I could in no way deal with a full relationship with anyone with anger issues or a violent temper because I'm terrified of people like that now.

So, to answer your question, I'd run a freaking marathon now to get away from someone like that.

• I knew a guy once in school who took raging psychopathy to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL when it comes to his ex. The guy wasn't necessarily a friend of mine but an acquaintance. He would often come up to me expressing his passionate hatred and bitterness towards his ex-girlfriend for leaving him, ranting on and on about it to me and the funny thing is that I've only known the guy for several weeks. Then one time, he invited me to his place for a talk in his bedroom. He was talking to me for a bit and then told me to wait in his room until he comes back from the store across his house. I went through his cell phone (don't ask why, I just happened to have done it) looking at his typed memos and VERY disturbing pictures. His memos were about his fantasies of torturing his ex painfully to death.

There's one very disturbing gore picture that I've found on his phone if you want me to tell you exactly what it is if you have the heart for it?

• I definitely don't have the stomach to go on the website, only to hear about what this disgusting person has downloaded. He really does sound completely insane and it's worrying that he downloaded the picture but, hopefully, he hasn't actually hurt anyone. Maybe it would have been worth reporting him though.

• Yeah. Most importantly, I haven't heard any gruesome murder reports relating to them so that's a relief for me to hear. Otherwise, I'd be guilty if it ever actually happened.

What Girls Said 6

• Nononononono. No. I wouldn't be okay with that at all. Don't want to be near a person like that.

• I would run as far away as possible, that's scary

• That would still scare me, cause id have that feeling of no safety around him :/

• I won't take abuse physically or verbally. So if he didn't do that to me I'd be interested If I liked him. But also I wouldn't want to ever be in a relationship with someone if I constantly had to worry about them assaulting someone else either. If they couldn't control their anger on someone else I'd be just as concerned if it were me not because I'd be afraid if him hitting me or shouting out his anger toward me, but because he'd probably had problems with the police too. Or someone else being defensive. There's a lot of bad that would affect a girl you might not see for a guy with anger problems even if not directly toward her. She still gets it secondhand.

• If there was absolutely zero chance that he would hurt me then sure I would date him but, the chances of somebody with a crazy temper NEVER hurting his gf sounds a bit unlikely

• I'm not a fan of violence so even if he never hit me, I wouldn't want to be with a guy who hit other people. Plus, if he's that psychotically violent, I probably wouldn't trust him when he said "I never take it out on my girlfriends"

What Guys Said 3

• She would be afraid, deep down, that one day you would eventually turn on her and take it out on her, too.

• obviously afraid

• I used to have some occasional anger issues but what I realized is, even though YOU know you're not being scary to the people you hold close, they don't know that - they can't see your inner thought process, so to them it just comes across as random and scary and unpredictable and they don't know what you're going to do next to who or when etc. Anyway, I honestly suggest trying to work through whatever issues might have caused you to have this rage (e. g. strict/abusive parents or whatever), and try work at mellowing down a bit, it's not worth it to lose your temper randomly, you never know when it could result in your life ending because you lose your temper and throw popcorn in a crazy old guy's face in the movies or something.