Guys. Girls. Looks or Personality?

Okay so we all have a preference when its comes to the opposite sex. So what do y'all think is more important, looks or personality?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am picking both. You need both for the solid foundation of a successful relationship. Would you sleep with someone you are not physically attracted to? Would you stay with someone whose personality you hated? You need both.

What Guys Said 14

• Looks are fleeting, personality lasts forever.

Obviously both are important, since at first glance
    looks is what you can see, not personality.

However, a person could be the hottest guy/girl
    on earth, if their personality is trash, I'd not
    give them a single second though. ^.~

• Come for the looks, stay for the personality.

• i'd go with looks.

and to make myself clear by looks i don't mean some "model-like" woman but a tall muscular tomboyish girl!! yeah!!

• Both. Can't have a successful relationship without both.

• Decent looks.
    Great personality.

• Both are important, but a great personality will keep me around for the long haul.

• Both are equally important.

You can't have one without the other.

• I could careless since 99.999999% of women and girls find me ugly. But we all know if the guy isn't 6ft+ 225lbs of muscle, drives a Porsche or some other high-end sports car and as money he's not getting anyone to date him. And please don't tell me how wrong I am because females are just to damn afraid to admit it.

• Except that you're wrong. My boyfriend's around 6 ft and he's super skinny. He's had issues with anorexia and bulimia in the past. He's failed both of his exams so I know that he's smart but he doesn't have many prospects ahead of him. Even if he'd passed them, he didn't want to go further than college with his education, he'd prefer to stay at home whilst I went out to work, because that suits us best. Does he sound like the 6 ft+ 225lbs of muscle who drives a Porsche and will have money?

It's not that you're ugly, it's that your ideas are ugly. You sound cruel and arrogant and vindictive, that's why I wouldn't date you, not how you look.

• I told you I wasn't lying,

• Both are equally important.

• Looks honestly

• I will approach a girl that looks good but then I look for personality so a good mix is good

• Personality matters, looks is God gifted. ^_^

• Looks by far, Personality just get used to

• She needs to meet my minimum physical standards before I would consider her. Those standards aren't high, but they are honestly the most important. Otherwise I would see her like I see a man. As possibly a great friend but nothing more.

What Girls Said 7

• Personality is def more important - anyone would tell you that. But attraction is mainly based on looks (physical characteristics) - it is what attracts us, what we lust after, what we desire/prefer in our mate.

• Usually what grabs my attention is looks, but I wouldn't be in a relationship with him unless his personality is impressive.

• Personality, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a relationship with someone that annoyed me. Then again I guess I wouldn't want a guy to be hideous. I guess I would be fine if he had a great personality and ok looks.

• Both, a relationship can't work without both. I'd rather end up alone than pick one

• I personally think that personally is more important

• It's both 50/50

• Looks matter to an extent.
    But personality is much more important.
    I can watch movies or look at pictures for eye candy, I want to have a relationship with someone I enjoy... and that takes a compatible personality.