I have thought of catfishing on certain dating sites using my attractive friends photos? Am I a piece of trash for even thinking of doing this?

I'm not a very self confident person and I have friends that get a lot of girls if you know what I mean. This is not easy for me to say but sometimes I get kind of jealous of them. I've thought of catfishing with my friends photos but I would never ever do it because it would be a breach of my friends trust and our friendship would be over immediately. But I've always wondered what it feels like to get compliments on my looks. I am on several dating sites but I never get messages back on them so I've pretty much lost all hope lol. I have pretty low self confidence. Am I a complete piece of shit for even thinking this? My intention is not to decieve anyone. I just don't think I am attractive and I don't think a girl would want to talk to me because of the way I look and I just want to know how it feels to be good looking.

Most Helpful Girl

• At first I was going to say yes, because your question sounded like you were doing it just for kicks.

But now that I know it's a different reason it's bad but you're not a horrible person for considering it also you rationalized first and came for help before you did something idiotic that could hurt someone else...

We all at one point or another do stupid things to find/feel loved. Some not as bad and some worse than your question.

But don't do it, because it's not true love. Also you have to love yourself before anyone else can.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, you would be deceiving people. That's exactly what catfishing is. What exactly will you get out of a girl complimenting you based on your friend's looks? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What if a girl starts to get interested in you and wants to meet up? You're just going to stop talking to her? That's not fair to her and it's a really messed up thing to do.

You don't have to be the best-looking guy to get girls. If you feel that you're not as attractive as your friends, then make up for it with your personality. Be outgoing, fun, funny. Looks can only get you so far. Maybe what you're writing to these girls on these dating sites doesn't stand out. Be unique. Personalize your messages. Let her know that you read her profile and be specific about what stood out to you. Looks aren't everything. Catfishing is wrong and pathetic. Don't do it

• I was never going to actually do it.. I just want to know what it feels like to be attractive for once. I feel like the lowest of the low scum for even thinking of doing it. I agree that looks aren't everything but I can't really be that ugly where no girl ever responds back. Or maybe I am, I don't know.

• Like I said, maybe what you're writing to these girls isn't particularly interesting. I see your picture. You're not an ugly guy. You're being way too hard on yourself. Low confidence won't do you any favors. If you carry yourself negatively and keep thinking that you're ugly, then people will believe it and they WILL think you're ugly. Be positive, emphasize your good points, and stop putting yourself down.

• Honestly I've seen what cat fishing can do to a person once they've found out they weren't actually talking to the person they thought they were talking to. I don't think it's a very good idea. And I feel ya, I feel kinda hopeless in the dating world too. But you just gotta remember that there is someone for everyone out there. We never truly know when we're going to meet that person.

• From your pic you're not a bad looking guy so maybe your confidence and self-esteem issues are what is hindering you from getting a girls attention. but to answer this question, never catfish someone its not fair to either of you knowing that it could never go very far. as cliche as this sounds always be and work on that confidence!(:

What Guys Said 5

• Why would you even want to be good looking? Do you know how they have to live? They are self conscious every minute of their day of their life, Thinking about if their hair looks good, if that hot girl/guy was staring at them or if there is something wrong with their shoes etc. They are just frigging worried all the time, and it is so bad. They would appear all confident but in truth... Okay they are confident hehe, but really what I want to say is ultimately in life, It is confidence and skills that really matter and not good looks, Learn to play guitar or the piano or something, play it and you'll attract people, You'll know how it feels to be attractive, you just gotta know how to carry yourself, how to be mysterious, how to give off that feeling of adventure and excitement. It really depends on the attitude tbh, But I hope this helps and catfishing? Don't do it dude, it'll end up badly. Be yourself, You want a girl to love you for you not for some random person's picture.

• Don't lie.

• Those who catfish to boost their ego are lower than scum. Before others can love you learn to love yourself. Continue to evolve into your best self. Then present who you are and what you're about to potential mates. If they reject you, move on, their lost. Don't be a douche and catfish.

• I feel like a real scumbag for even thinking of doing it. I hate myself right now.

• I've thought about getting pics of good looking guys and pretending their me lol. So no I see your point.

• To deceive people that way is a pretty shitty thing to do yes. I feel you are a good person and probably will not do that. You are a fine looking guy and just need some confidence. The hottest 1% of guys get messages on dating sites and 99% of the hottest girls are bombarded with men messaging them. Find your strengths in your personality that will make you stand out. It is very hard to find a girl of your dreams on a dating site. Your best option is some random chat site, FB or even here. Best of luck to you my handsome friend.