Do girls need to pay to restaurant on her date or only boys?

Umm i wonder if we girls need to pay on dates. Like I don't know i feel bad for the guy who went on date with me n paid a lot in restaurant for our lunch. Like i have another date with him, so should i pay half this time? Like is it embarrassing for the guy if i do? Help please

Most Helpful Guy

• At least make the offer to pay for yourself. If he insists on paying, let him.

What Guys Said 9

• A guy paying for eat-outs , what hurts is the wallet.
    A GIRL paying her own bill on a DATE , now you're just stabbing his ego.

Generally speaking. Or maybe the new egalitarian crowd sees thing differently , I don't know but that's what I feel.

• Nobody is ever obligated to pay for others
    even if he likes to pay for you, I think it'd be proper
    manners to at least offer to pay for at least your share
    if he then turns it down, just take his kindness with a smile. ^.~

• Should always have money and be prepared to imo, how expensive was your lunch? lol.
    Unless you're ordering lobster or something ridiculously expensive it's not a big deal.
    I would just pay personally, but I know guys who don't pay for dates but pay when they become official, don't really see a problem with that.

• The guy should pay.

• Pay your share, if you don't want to look like you're exploiting him.
    He shouldn't have to pay for your company.

• Share the costs unless the girl wants to be a sugarbaby and the guy wants to be a sugardaddy.

• I went on a date with a girl not too long ago that paid for hers. As a man I didn't like the fact that she paid Im supposed to do that. Also it made me think she just wanted to be friends.

• I would personally feel obligated to pay at least half if not the whole thing at least the first few times. You could offer to pay half and see how he takes it. He might insist on paying and he might not, not all guys feel the same way about money.

• I think guys should

What Girls Said 5

• well id be happy to pay:)

even if its at least half. i mean some guys are really cute about it and will simply not let you pay a cent... pound... dime... dollar... euro... yen? omg-.-

ANYWAY... if he is ok with letting me pay some then thats kool, but a guy i cannot stand is the one who says, hey babe sorry could u pay this time? ill do it next time... and next time never comes.

• Offer to pay. I always do. It's a stupid gender role that men have to pay. Always offer to pay the whole thing, an if he offers help pay half

• I always pay or at least make the offer to pay.

• In my culture (middle east), a man will be offended if you offer to pay in restaurant when you're dating. It will make him look less manly and less chivalrous. Lol just liked to share the thought...

• I usually go by their age. Suga daddies always handle the bill. Older but not suga daddies, pay most of the time and sometimes split. Younger than me, they might pay the first time and then we would definitely always split. Same age he pays first and then we take turns paying. Usually he covers, but I get him back sometimes.