Why girls are more interested in me when im in a commited relationsip?

It would seem that when im single women are uninterested in me, and once i get into a committed relationship its a complete 180° on how they respond to me. Just curious as to why or if this is just coincidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh, me and my friend were having this conversation just the other day. It's not because us women are home wreckers (but I can't speak for everybody) but me and my friend stated how we both find guys way more attractive once they have a gf. WE want what we can't have. Our friend Austin was alright single but soon as he got into a relationship he looked more attractive. The weird logic of relationships that I have noticed is/are that once a girl gets into a relationship she starts dressing down and tries less to look good but for guys its the opposite they begin glowing, shave more often, shower often, look better, have more confidence. They look more available and luring even though they're not available.

• "they begin glowing, shave more often, shower often, look better, have more confidence"
      That actually sounds legit, because the relationship and their partner makes them happier and thus happier about themselves in general.

• Yeah I've noticed:) thanks

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know why this happens, but it does to both sexes. It's either...

1. You are happy in your relationship so since you act happier that attracts more girls/guys to you.
    2. Even if you're not more confident in yourself, there's no pressure to find a mate since you already have one, so you act less creepy and more relatable since your not so nervous about getting a girl.
    3. Some girls are just weird and go for guys that aren't single. They know you can't really do anything really and if you dump your girlfriend for them that's suppose to mean they're the better woman.

That's just my speculation.

• This sounds pretty spot on, especially that part about being happier. Thanks for input

• You stopped trying to pick up girls so that can look more attractive
    Like when out women may ask themselves why isn't this guy into ME. Or maybe likes the challenge or competition

• this may just be me, but in addition to what other people said i just like to flirt, without having it mean anything. when a guy is in a relationship i can flirt as much as i want without having to worry about having him take it the wrong way or whatever since he already has a girl.

• Because people want what they can't have

• It's a competition thing, keep the girl who wants to be with you in the first place

• that happens both ways but thats hust how life it. it happens all the time. You can't find anyone when your single then when you find the person and get in a relationship a swarm of people become instantly interested in you. Its usual.

What Guys Said 5

• Conceptually, a possible reason would be that if someone is already in a relationship, then it is definite proof that he has qualities that one can find attractive, so he is basically a "good catch".

But to be honest, the answers about how the guy ends up feeling better about themselves and thus bring more confident in general seems to make more sense.

• Girls are competitive. When they see you with your GF, they get an instinctual reaction to steal you from her.

• Women like to compete for men. It's in their nature. It makes them feel better about themselves if a guy picks her over another girl. If your girlfriend left you, those girls would flock to the next guy in a relationship. I know this from experience.

• Its true.. When i had my ring off women gave me dirty looks. When i had it on they were all over me

• You've passed the first test - some girl somewhere found you worth dating. It's like being pre-approved for a bank loan, some other girl has done due diligence and found out you were worth dating.