Why do women say 'accept me as I am or fuck off' but then demand a guy must have a whole list of idiotic 'characteristics' for men?

Is it because they are hypocrites? /me thinks yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls are selfish and insecure.(like nobody has noticed that),
    They make a list of how a guy should be according to what would keep them from getting hurt. I would advise you not to take too much notice of it. It's a stupid girl thing, and if a girl can't accept a guy the way he is then she shouldn't expect it from him.

• BIN-GO!

• Lol that up/ down vote ratio tho :D

• Women believe their entitlement is perfectly fine, and obviously men think it's over the top.
      No big surprise here...

What Girls Said 11

• It's a double standard in society. I understand what other girls are saying as far as compatibility in individual relationships but this is kind of a large scale issue when you think about it.

For example, if an overweight or super skinny girl is getting bashed, you'll have a billion girls rushing to defend her, saying "she's beautiful no matter what size she is"... but let a man get bashed for his body, not even a quarter of the same amount of people will come to his defense.

Basically, it's socially acceptable for women to brag about their preferences & standards for men but NOT vice versa.

• Exactly my point, thank you.

• Because people have to be compatible. The two things you're saying here aren't related. One is about standards while the other is about resistance to change yourself. No one is attractive/compatible with everyone, and neither women nor men have a "type" that suits them all.

• What kind of idiotic charasteristics?

Most women just want funny sensitive guy who appreciates others. With looks girls often (not always) want guy taller than them, nice haircut and takes care of himself (skincare, a bit working out)

And actually guys want girls with same characteristics. You are hypocrite saying women are hypocrites because I doubt you would be willing to date just any girl no matter looks or personality

• Yes but guys have decent requirements: not look like a cow, be alive, there.
      You just started and ALREADY mentioned things that unfairly hit guys:
      height - something they cannot change - it's like guys looking for women who have big boobs only
      nice hair cut? I'm sorry what? Since when MY hair cut is your business?
      And i'll add for you "be financially secure" ( translation: have money - because apparently independent women today need to be taken care off still for some reason ), stay fit - while you probably don't.

This is the hypocrisy, demanding what you can't provide yourself.

• Well I guess attraction is a part of relationship and to some extend because some people just dont find some attributrs attractive (while others do).

Its a different story if someone really has a long list or requirements can't find a person like that or would anyone even want a person like that but wanting a partner to have some physical attributes is fine. Why do you care? It doesn't really affect your life. Of someone won't date you because of you domt look certain way, I doubt you would date that person anyway

• And what about personality? Most girls list personality traits more than physical attributes. You can't really change your personality.

• I didn't know that "women say" this, but if some girl said this to you, I guess that must mean that "women say" this all the time. In general. And that they are hypocrites. In general.

Makes total sense.

• 5 of them said this actually. And i noticed the answers here too - just look for yourself.

• If you're imply i didn't get your snark, then you're not the sharpest tool in the shed yourself.
      I just don't like to play kindergarten games of "who can insult better". bye.

• Still not fast enough to get it, eh?

• i dont hae a list. i jsut want somebody to love me for me, not my looks or what i can do for them. jsut take me as i am and i can take you as you are.

• There's a difference between having standards and wanting to change someone. For example, I desire a man that's not religious but I'm not expecting a man to give up his religion for me. I just simply wouldn't date him in the first place.

• But we're talking about things he can't change about him and about things a woman demands but can't "back-up".
      Like say she wants a fit well built guy, but she is round.

• I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with wanting a woman with big breast or wanting a tall man. Sure, it's a bit close minded if someone isn't willing to look past these things but at the end of the day people can't help but they're sexually attracted to. If big tits is what gets a guys heart racing, then he'd essentially be wasting his time with a flat chested woman.

• All i wanted was to see if you'll admit it is 'closed minded". That is enough for me :)

• I think everyone should have standards there is nothing wrong with that and why wouldn't you want someone to accept you for who you are?

• I wouldn't date a man who would change himself for me.

• Very nice.

• That's alarmingly wise for someone under 18

• i'd call her "smart" and with moral fiber... unlike other women here...

• Of course some women are hypocrites.

But it may also mean "stop trying to change me."

• Its not always women say it... some times men too... but who ever it may be... changing one self for another is never recommended untill n unless the opp prsn totally worth it... coming to the list of "characters" men also have it ( i faced few) .. but no 1 is "ideal" ... it depends on ones own interests.. some women like manly guys while some do like sweet ones.. the same applies for men too... so better choose some one who is completely "ok" with ur character n vice versa

• As I am is my best, if you aren't your best we have nothing to talk about. There's a big difference between physical limitations and being lazy. I physically can't get bigger breast pr butt, because I don't have any possible way except surgery, but I do keep myself in shape. If you can't accept me naturally thats a problem. Of course I'm going to want you to be taller and stonger, if I'm looking good you need to be on my elbow gaurding me from other men. Thats the price to pay for a good looking girl. I'm not going to take some pussy whipped man.

• Then I'm not going to take some small breasted girl. Guys can't change their height, and since I'm 6'2", and in shape, I deserve to have the best. which means big breasted arm candy.

See the hypocrisy?

• That is none of your concern. Move along... move along...

• Just like it's none of your concern what kind of woman I am. Move along hypocrite.

What Guys Said 10

• It's because of the way women are raised and treated. When girls are young they are usually told by their parents that they are princesses and deserve a prince. If they are pretty, all throughout school they are constantly told by would be suitors who don't know how to flirt how "beautiful inside and out" they are.

If you constantly convert the same message to a person over and over eventually they will believe it is true. Even if all the guy really wants is to fuck and use her, every time he calls her pretty, or beautiful he slightly inflates that insecure ego.

The combination of extreme insecurity and a hyper inflated ego leads to completely irrational expectations which results in all these above average looking girls expecting a 6'5" tanned, muscular, rich, funny, nice, kind, caring, sensitive yet firm, family oriented, tattooed, dominant teddy bear who loves to cuddle and doesn't care about sex until she does kind of guy.

That person doesn't exist, simply because half of those things contradict one another. If you ask a girl what she wants 5 times over a week you'll probably get different replies varying from "funny, and sweet" to "serious, and kind of an asshole". The fact of the matter is; women don't know what they want. Be what you are, and don't change for women. Be confident in yourself, and they will flock.

• Hahaha this is true. Some women have such strict requirements but offer nothing in return. If she doesn't like me for who I am then I'll move on.

• Because you're pursuing women who are self centered and have, or perceive that they have, a sellers market.

• People who expect things from others that they don't expect for themselves are hypocrites whether they're male or female.

• not hypocrisy...

they're outlining desirable traits...

hypocrisy would be getting a man, and then saying at the start they like how he is, and then finding out he likes comic books and getting pissed off...

• Question Asker You just answered your own question.

• Because they're idiots who are destined to be singletons well into their 30's and 40's where they'll be become bitter and riddled with misandristic outpourings.

• Men are hypocrites because all men are ugly yet they expect ridiculously high beauty standards of women.

• You're having a laugh !

• They do it to weed out the weak men. If a guy is willing to change his entire personality for a girl she will know that he's not a good mate

• People do what they do because they can ask what they ask.

If you won't put up with her BS some other dumb guy will.