Can Long distance relationships last for long time?

I am 20, in a serious relationship with a guy since 1.5 year.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been dating a guy for about 7 months and he lives all the way in Scotland. So far its been the longest relationship I've had and the strongest i have ever loved someone. A lds is like a plant. You have to care for it a lot and it takes a lot of effort to bloom. You should try Skype and have fun. a lds can last a long time but its a lot of work! But you have to decide whats best for your future. What are his plans? College, kids, a busy carrer? You should take all things into consideration before you go further. what are your plans? travel th world, no kids, or a busy carrer too? Remeber that communication is the only way to make things work.

• yeah we talk each other a lot. this relationship is like it was meant to be between us. thanks for your opinion. :)

What Guys Said 4

• yes, the main limiting factor is when they start to get older and time's running out for a family and to experience life together.

• we are not running out of time sir, we have lots of time but its just the distance that troubles us. we both have feelings for each other + we both are loyal to each other.

• Then I see no problem. You just have to find find ways to feel close with each other.

• Ask anyone in the military.
    They'll say NOOOOOoooooo.

They even have a song about it. Its called Hey There Jody Boy.

youtube. com/watch? v=gVFlolrA7Wo

• why military? I am just asking simply to everyone. :)

• How far is it? They can, they can also end very quickly.

• it is about 2100 Km. it takes a 4 hour flight if we want to see each other. why do you say that it will end quickly? because we really want this relationship to work.

• "can"
      Who is moving to who and how long is it gunna take? If you can regularly visit and skype/video chat in the mean time it can work. Someone can just decide it's too hard/painful or the moving thing might end it.

• Hi:) As long as it has reasons to last:)

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on the people in th e relationship... some it can work for and some it can not... my BF probably wouldn't last in a long distance relationship... he said the longest he could go would be a year without seeing me and then he would move on. This hurt me... cause I would wait for him

• No. In the end, it's not a real relationship and it cannot become deeper.

Source: Common Sense.

Relationships are difficult enough without the added distance.

Source: A woman who was a dating expert and I read her book on relationships.

Source: me and my ex tried to make it work for close to 6 months. It put a damper on the relationship becuase he lived an hour away and things began to change. I wanted to get more serious (marriage, kids, etc) but also the money factors into it. So distance, his age, money problems, ALL factored into it , so ultimately you know what happend. I still have very fond memories of him and I. He has a new girlfriend now and I was so sad when he did that but he really wanted to move on

• I would like to add that it is not necessary that what happened with you will repeat with me. And it is not like we have just started our long distance relationship. we have been in long distance relationship since 1.5 year and it was quiet a good time for both of us. because it makes us feel the importance of each other in our lives. we are more or like the best friends moving forward to become the best partners for each other.

• How long are we talking?

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we're about to go really long distance this school year and we're nervous. We'll be 6 hours apart and unlike when we'd visit on weekends the last two years... there won't be any visiting until Thanksgiving when we'll both be back in town.

• I hope it works. because what i think is if the feeling and loyalty for each other is mutual then every relationship can work. "distance doesn't matter if the hearts are close" i read it somewhere.

• I hope it works too. I kind of plan on marrying him so if it ends because of this I basically won't know what to do.

• honestly no. It depends if you both really want it. I mean both not one person both.

• Yes, we both want it. We want to be together but its just that we can't. We have to wait until we graduate. And yes, we love each other.