Is it normal for a 17 teen year old girl to not have had her first kiss yet? Or a relationship for that matter?

Im 17 and i haven't had my first kiss yet... While others my age have had not only there first kiss and an actual relationship but have had sex and everything. I dont know how to put myself out there because i mostly scared of being juged and not knowing how a the steps of a relationship should go.

Most Helpful Girl

• i had my first kiss and REAL relationship when i was 17 years old. i felt like it was pretty delayed and i was the odd one out. but honestly now, i look back, and i'm glad i waited. 17 is actually pretty young to start having sex and dating and kissing. im sure you wanna wait until the time is right to start a relationship and have a first kiss. it's hard to do that in highschool because a lot of teenage boys are idiots. everyone else was getting themselves into trouble and giving themselves away to people that soon wouldn't matter to them anymore. im glad i waited until i found the right person, i just got lucky. almost 3 years later and i'm still with him, and happier than ever. its no big deal. there are even people who are in their 20s who haven't had a relationship or had sex. don't sweat it, everything should come naturally to you. :)

• aw thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 6

• I'm in the same position as you! :O
    I posted a question about this yesterday, it really sucks ;c
    I feel like the odd one out from everyone, it seems like everyone has had their first kiss and been in a relationship by now, and here I am, just sitting here hoping i'll find someone. *sigh*
    It's not even that i'm not confident, I guess no one has shown interest. Or if they have, they haven't made it clear :L

But, know that you're not alone in this! There are a couple of guys like myself who haven't yet, as much as it saddens me ;c

• It's not unusual for someone your age to have not been kissed.

As for being afraid of putting yourself out there, I say welcome to the human race. Virtually everyone is afraid to one degree or another of putting him/herself out there. Your fears may lessen when you understand that most requests for a date end in a "no." Most first dates don't lead to second dates. Most second dates don't lead to relationships. Failure is in fact the norm when it comes to finding a mate.

So what are you doing to make yourself and your life attractive to a guy?

• If you really want that kiss, you can have it today: just pick a guy. Few will say 'no'.

• *GASP!

THE LAST GAZELLE IN THE SAFARI!

• Thank god my dad had a talk with me during 11ish

• I'm 19 and I haven't had my first kiss or been in a relationship. It's no big deal, you'll get into a relationship at some point.

What Girls Said 2

• It is normal for a girl your age not to have a first kiss because you are waiting for the right guy for the first kiss

• I didn't have my first relationship or my first kiss until I was 19. There's nothing wrong with you.