Why do guys wait so long to text a girl?

This guy I like would text me and then i'd respond but then I'd wait hours just to hear back from him. So I thought I could play along with his game and do the same. I feel like its a game and then its not at times. I don't know he seemed really interested in me the first day we talked he even said so the second day now its like we're friends except today he called me by my nickname it was kinda weird...

Most Helpful Girl

• Could actually be busy, could of seen it but forgot to answer because he had to do something at that moment, maybe he is not in the mood to talk, maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you OR he doesn't want to seem so "desperate" or clingy er whatever. -- what i do is if i see the text i answer it when i see it i dont like to wait then text back after 30 mins or an hour from the time i looked at the text because i will forget to answer. So just do what you do, try not to worry too much text the guy like you text your other friends, talk to him like you would normally to with others -- or try to i know it can be hard for some but yeah just try not to worry too much because you guys seem okay if you are talking and he called you a nickname

What Guys Said 3

• he's probably playing games with you. or he literally could just be busy at times he doesn't respond.

• We are not like girls are phones aren't glued to our hands. I check my phone about once every hour or so, but I know a girl that checks her phone every two minutes its like she has a full time job. Now with that being said If I liked the girl I would reply as soon as I saw the message if I felt like playing games I would wait 5-10 minutes to respond. Though he could've just lost interest in you

Please click and answer mine
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1116334-why-would-a-girl-call-a-guy-bestie-knowing-it-would-confuse-him

• I see this with lot guys who put girls through this
    i always responded to every text when i had female
    text buddies but guys also do this in relationships too

What Girls Said 1

• Possible that he's actually busy, but it seems like he's not that into you, or he's texting other girls too