Am I the only one left that believes girls shouldn't ask guys out?

Even in they bible it says guys should do the asking out,. Now I actually believe gender roles are swapping. Is there ANYONE out there who agrees?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree, but maybe it's because I'm older.

That isn't to say girls shouldn't "pursue", but I think they should do a kind of passive pursuit - e. g. don't ask the guy out, but drop some subtle flirty hints that you wouldn't mind if he pursued you, then let him chase a bit.

What Guys Said 24

• I could care less what the bible says. If the bible says girls should jump of a bridge would you follow it?

I have nothing against girls being asked out, but I can definitely say the girls who are adamantly anal on being asked out and never asking a guy out are self entitled girls who will never know what it's like to be an adult and earn anything. They just want things handed to them on a silver platter and will never feel any sense of accomplishment in their lives. They're not worth dating. I don't buy into that "old fashioned" bullshit. Any guy dating such a girl should feel like a pedophile.

• I don't think girls who choose not to ask guys out are doomed to a life without a sense of achievement, nor does it necessarily mean they're self entitled. It would depend on her reasons.

• No I think it's more a man being chicken to wait on a girl to ask him out, simple.

• The guy may not be interested in the girl in this case, or even have a girlfriend already. We don't know.

• You're also forgetting that the bible was written for a culture which was thousands of years ago. I mean, a lot of what it says in the Bible is outdated or invalidated, and they had no idea what the world today would be like.

I personally think girls SHOULD ask guys out. Why? Guys don't always take hints. Sometimes, you just need to be the proactive one.

• Fuck no, also I've never been askd out and its hard for me to do it because I'm shy. Also who gives a shit what the bible says, not everyone is a Christian. The bible says a lot of things that"so called" Christians disobey every day. Premarital sex and masturbation for example.

• I don't believe in anything that places such
    a limit onto someone's freedom.

A line from what I somewhat believe in
    tells me to dismiss all attachments and
    cast away any earthly possessions, but
    I doubt I'm gonna do any such thing
    anytime soon. ^.~

I'm sure plenty of girls feel like you
    but there's probably equally as many
    who feel otherwise.

I find gender roles sort of silly (again with the limits)
    I mean, if a girl wants to be something people would
    consider a "mans" job, if she wants to, why not?

Same with men, if they like to cook, sew
    or whatever "feminine" things there are
    again, I don't see why not.

If every girl believed that they should
    never take initiative to stuff, or ask a guy
    out, I'd have never met my girlfriend either
    and that'd make me a very sad panda. ^.^

• Sir, why are you always so deep. I'll never comment where you have commented.

• Yeah well I could care less what the bible says. Lol.

• Yes. Yes you are the only one left in the whole world to believe that girls shouldn't ask out guys. The only one.

I do also believe that the bible condones slavery. So... ya know.

• I am positive you aren't the only girl left to believe that:P

• What do you believe?

• I think that a girl has the right to ask out a guy just as much as a guy has the right to ask out a girl. simple as that.

• I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have an acquaintance with the Bible. Could you give me the chapter and verse where it says guys should do the asking out?

• U are silly. That is why im tired of hearing gurls complain that why they nvr had a bf before and is it weird? LOL its ur fault for thinken dat way. Since when is there a law in the dating game >.>
    If u like sumone, juz ask them out regardless of gender. We're heuman and we think the same and have the same brain. We're all juz as scared so one has to make the move. Its not our job. Its u who decided to do it base on ur actions and how u feel. If u keep thinken dat way, pray that u will nvr get a bf ;3

• You wouldn't be alone and the only one, but you're also making life harder for yourself, too.

• The Bible says parents can sell their daughters into slavery, too. That's acceptable by God.

• Yes, yes you are.

• I think whatever works should not be discouraged.

• I have no problem with guys being the ones to ask out.

• Lol the bible.

• You can thank your friendly neighborhood feminists. They hate gender roles.

• If they really click none would need to ask, they know and they would be together.

• The only one? WTF. VERY few girls ask guys out. They say they do to sound cool but they don't in reality.

No, gender roles are not swapping. It's going back in the other direction now. The poison of feminism is beginning to wear off and sanity is returning to the Western world.

• "shouldn't ask guys out" is a nice way of saying "I'm too insecure to do it"

• Nope, did it once and I regret it

• Exactly, you lack confidence to do it again, you got hurt

• Does it really say that in the bible? :P
    I would love to see the chapter and verse. Gender roles are restrictive and have been switching back and forth for thousands of years anyway.

• i hate gender roles

• I agree about the guy asking the girl out. If I don't like the girl, I'm not going to ask her out. If she asks me out, I might look at her like she's weird and say no. I might not say anything at all. Anyways, the guy asks the girl out the guy bends down on one knee and asks her "will you marry me", the woman takes his last name and why? She does it to change her last name and when someone asks where Jane Doe is, they'll say, they don't know a Jade Doe, but they do know a Jane Jetson.

• ... and I meant the guy wanting to ask the woman out who is married. It's for the same reason why married couples wear rings, to show people they are married and not be bugged by the opposite sex to ask them out.

• That's your opinion. Several are going to agree, several are going to disagree. Personally, I believe that both genders should be able to ask each other out. There may be times when the guy is even too shy to do it and he may actually have feelings for you.

• Yep... I'm one if those guys and it sucks. Whenever I finally muster up the courage to ask a girl out I get shot down and makes it 10x harder next time.

• Most of the time guys are still expected to ask girls out, but I'd like to be asked out instead of being the one asking for once. Then you know they're actually interested in you.
    I'm not religious at all so the bible thing you mentioned doesn't mean anything to me.

• Well, this is your belief and their's nothing wrong with it but there are plenty of other women and men (like myself) who would respectfully disagree with you.

What Girls Said 19

• I agree, should be the guy making the first move at least.

• Your answers are always so amusing

• Well look, there are exceptions, like in work situations, a man is often afraid that he will be sued for sexual harassment, so a girl needs to step up in those cases, too. Overall, it should not be an issue, but guys may not realize, but as women we are TAUGHT that if we ask a man out, he won't value us/appreciate us cause he never had to make the effort. So we are taught that we diminish our value and femininity if we pursue men.

• Agreed 100%

• I think gender roles are stupid. Gender roles say I should quit my job and have kids, and I don't want to have kids and quit my jobs. Also that's the bible not everyone's whatever religion you are. Also sy you notice a guy ( and he's the perfect guy and you get married and live happily ever after) but he doesn't notice you, just because he doesn't notice you your willing I give up your soul mate. That's stupid

• "Thou shalt not ask out a boy" ?
    Yeah I'm not certain I remember that verse in the Bible.
    Either way, there are many instances in the Bible where it says not to do something but everybody does it.

For example? Leviticus 11:7-8: "And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you." I doubt you haven't eaten a ham sandwich before.

Deuteronomy is talking about killing "whores" for losing their virginity before marriage. "Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." Yes, sexual immorality may be wrong but as far as killing people over it?

Don't always fall back on the Bible.

• It's 2014, girls can ask guys out and vice versa.

• i dont think guys always have to ask the girl out. i bet its refreshing for them to be asked out by a girl and not have all the pressure on them. i feel the same way about the actual date itself. i dont think the guy should have to pay for all of it. if he insists, well thats very gentlemanly of him but id at least try to pay for half of whatever we did.

i think when girls ask out guys it shows confidence which is admirable. i actually kind of hate when girls think guys always should initiate and do everything... cut the fellas some slack! haha

• Right here, I totally agree! I think we should give them clear signs and proof that we are interested, lead the horse to water so to speak, but let him actually seal the deal.

• I agree gender roles are swapping. Guys who want to act like girls are completely unnattractive and unmanly. Yes gender roles are swapping thanks to feminist propaganda. Marriages have no direction and the divorce rate is proportional to feminist influence. Yes it's all unnerving.

But please don't bring the Bible into it. It's not about religion, it's about reason and human nature.
    The moment you bring the Bible into it, you get a negative knee jerk reaction from all the stupid non believers.

• I think that is stupid assuming that if you like a guy he is automatically going to know hey a girl likes me I should ask her out or what if he never notices you and you try to flirt with him so he can get the hint and he never asks you out because he thinks you should be forward. Life is too short to wait around for someone to ask you out if you want someone go for it. Guys fear rejection more because of this notion that they have to ask a girl out and hope that she likes him back and agrees so its a great relief now that girls are asking guys out now. If you continue to believe this and never make a move then how are you ever gonna have a chance with a guy that is your type. What if the wrong men keep approaching you, if you don't take the initiative to do your own approaching then you really limit yourself.

• I think a woman is at liberty to choose to ask out men if she wants to.

Your Bible also condones slavery and stoning to death women who have sex before marriage. Educate yourself and think twice before using a 3,500 year old misogynistic outdated book as a code of conduct.

• And also- the bible doesn't condone teenagers dating. You don't date. You just wait for a man to marry you against your will.

• Its the 21st century what can you say

• The bible says a lot of silly things.

• There is no should or shouldn't in my opinion. People need to go for the things they feel comfortable with. But I do think, asking out suits more to man.

• yes, you kinda are! if you don't want to be the one doing the asking out, that's fine! however, don't just say "GUYS shouldn't AS GIRLS OUT BECAUSE MY RELIGIOUS BOOK SAYS SO!"

• Using your religion to justify something could cause problems seeing that everyone believe something different.

• I honestly would if I weren't ugly. I already know they are going to reject me. So if a guy likes me, I leave it up to him. I don't want to upset a guy by him going through having an ugly woman ask him out.

• Lol, well if it says so in the Bible that must make it law. You're not the only person to think that... but I don't share your opinion. I like that our social norms are evolving to better fit the times. That girls aren't restricted to waiting passively for a guy to ask them out, and guys have the opportunity to be asked out.

• Did you know that almost 90% of the time the woman makes the first move?
    Even if he asks you out, there's a really big chance that you made the first move!

You can do that by just smiling to him, or if you accidentally touched a guy you walked past...

It's in our instincts

• Did you know that 100% of the time a guy will think nothing of the methods of initiation that you listed?

• They will not "think about it"
      But seriously... it's in our instincts

• i think it is still better if a guy ask a girl out because i still believe that it is the men's nature to be chasing women, not the other way around ;)

• tbh i think its better when a guy asks a girl out, but it doesn't really matter