How comfortable would you be dating a girl that is older than you?

What are your limits?

Is a one or two year ahead of you any deal at all or is it just a womans paranoia?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is an interesting question. It seems to be more common to date a girl who is younger than yourself.

For this I have the calculation: divide you own age by 2 and sum up 6 and this is the minimum age of your girlfriend you date. Why: because when you are 12, this is the right age. After 12, girls do get more mature earlier than boys. And when boys are 18, the girlfriend should be minimum of 18/2 + 6 = 15. Which is okay. When a man is 24, a girl should be minimum of 18. Which I think is okay. This calculation work when you think of it.

When the girl is older than the boy, this calculation can also be of great help. For boys older than 24, girls from 18 years or older are okay. Why? Because they are on the same level of maturity. After this the difference will be more or less insignificant. So in theory, after the boy is 24 the girl can be older. But that's where the practical thing comes in: boys prefer to have a younger girl because the future of children is a little bit further away. So when the girl is 3 or 4 years older it will become less logic for the man to choose the older girl. Saying that: I have had 2 girls which were older than I was. I was 3 years younger. In the end we split up because one of them was much more successful. And the other did not mix very well with my friends. So in the end it was not age what matters.

The conclusion of this all. A max of 4 years. Don't tell about your desire to have children. And don't tell him if you are more successful.

What Guys Said 9

• At my age, 2 years older will not make a difference. Even 4 or 5 years is no big deal to me. Since I am 38, society expects me to date women from about 34 to 42 or so. As much as I want to have the hot 19 year olds that every culture wrongfully portrays as acceptable, I should act my age and date older women accordingly. Me getting involved with the young hotties would be frowned upon...the whole "Sugar Daddy" thing and all.

Older people deserve love too.

• As long as I like her, then age is not a problem at all, I would say if she is older than me by 1 to 5 years than there is no problem. the reason is older than that may make the chance of getting involved in a relationship with her low. but in all cases if I liked her then I think there is no problems :-)

• As long as she didn't treat or refer to me as a child (even if I never hear it first-hand), and she had nice skin still, it wouldn't matter to me how old.

Oh, and young enough to still have children if we got married (since I don't have any yet).

• Well personally I prefer women who are older than I am by at least a good 2 years, I've even pursued women in their 30's and I'm twenty. Then again my brothers are around their age and my dad is in his 60's so I mean I guess I grew up around older people so that influenced my tastes in women.

• I've no problem dating someone older than I am. To me, it's based on how mature you want your significant other to be. Although there are exceptions amount younger girls, most older women tend to be more sure and mature of things going on with them.

• A few years won't make a difference to me. Men do tend however to flock towards the younger women perhaps after their 40s or maybe a bit earlier than that. Helps us think that we are still young. :)

• When I was 18 I dated a woman that was 22. Things were great, but it did not last long. Looking back there was a definite maturity issue. I was just out of high school, she was getting out of college looking for a career. I think if we would have dated and I was 28 and she was 32 things would have been a lot different, we would have had more of the same goals at that time in our lives.

• Well, at the end of the day its okay if the girl within the 4 years range like others have replied.

I personally would not like my girl to be more then 2 years older or more then 4-5 years younger even.

My MAIN FOCUS: can she be my best friend as well w/ the same level of understanding.

• 5 years the most. no older

What Girls Said 1

• I am 28 and there is this guy 22 that wants to date me. He says he likes older women because they are mature and wiser. I think he wants me to take advantage on him.