What am doing I wrong?

Ok so, I am 16 and never had a boyfriend never had my first kiss, and still a virgin.
About me: I am nice, pretty, confident, down to earth, curvy thick (losing weight), popular, I take care of myself, smart, and great personality. Im a little conceded ( but i see it as making sure your alright before taking on more than you can handle)

I have male friends but none has wanted to take it to the next level. Its not that I have supper high standards but im 5'10. The biggest part is the height. My friends say why don't i have a boyfriend or why don't i talk to anyone. I don't want to be the person that goes up to the guy and just be like hey i like you. Been there done that cried for a week.

So I guess my question is how do i put that extra oomph in my self that will make boys like me on that next level not just friendship but more.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Ms, your 16... your making it seem as if you've been several years late with the boyfriend thing, and you have to hurry up because life ends around 20. Your still very young, and you have a whole lot of life ahead of you, with and without the boys. Dont think too much into it, and let life be what it is.

• I understand what your saying but the traits you acquire in high school when your "learning about who you are" follow you for a good while and i don't want to continue in that mentally that oh just let what happens happens

• Your right i've never put it in that tense.

• Remember ms, guys usually around your age are only thinking about one thing, and they dont really take girls that seriously. Seems like your a good girl whos got her head straight, you want to be with a guy who actually is worth it and has things in life going for him, even at a young age. Give it time... and eventually time will give in, good luck, and take care.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• Hey! It's the anon guy from the "dangerous guy" post! Anyway it's cool I'm 16 too, and I recently got my first girlfriend last year sophomore year. But we broke it off after 2 weeks, didn't kiss her once or anything. Anyway It's cool because guys at the age now are looking for sluts and crap. Not real girls (your description shows that you are an awesome girl :) ) Anyway you aren't doing anything wrong, soon as yo hit college all of that is going to change anyway. Just enjoy highschool! We got time

• The only thing 'more' than friendship is physical contact, but judging from your tone i'm not sure you're ready for that. And apparently none of your guy friends are either.

I doubt any of this is an index about your appeal. There seems to be this stupid cultural ideal that says guys are always approaching girls and the girls say yes and then it ends happily until 11th grade. Much of that is promoted by guys and girls who do act that way, but not of their own volition. They are simply trying to be what everyone says they should.

Consider this as well. First Google an actress named Mandy Moore from some years back. Adorable, and 5-10. In her case and maybe yours, guys were probably just afraid to ask for more because they feared rejection.

All i have left is open yourself to more guys. Kind of like applying to college. You can't get into Harvard, try Duke. Sorry to tell you but you're not always going to get the attention of the people who get yours.

Good luck.

• You sound like you'd make a great girlfriend.

• Do you mind about age race & look? If not then lets date.

• lol yes, no, and no i think ill wait for most of my age group to grow up.

• I used to read something about couple psychology. Most of the couples that have almost the same age, their couple life could be a little bit hard because female usually mature physically & mentally early than male. Thats why at age of 18-20++, girl could be stressed because of her partner. It is because when the girl talk something serious, her boy seem to be joking & childish about the matter.
      So it says, a girl needs a man at least a few year (dont really remember the age in that article) and above.
      Look around you. Your male friends around your age. Most of the time they look like not at his age. Maybe i am wrong but as a man myself i already gone through that phase. Haha

• Um well, you sound like a very good person and as myself date worthy. But you just have to wait till that one person comes into your life. And that is good you. Haven't had your first kiss cause at 16 it usually ends up to sex. But anyway you just have to wait till that special person comes in your life. And you can't make someone love you anymore than you can make yourself love someone. But anyway hope this helped

• lol yeah I guess its just reassurance that everything comes with time.

• lol thanks a load

• Lol... no problem

What Girls Said 1

• I feel your pain! I'm 5'8, 16, and I just got out of my first relationship. It lasted a month and I'm almost 17. I would say don't worry about it and your time will come but that is the same crap I was told and it didn't help. Something I did was I changed my hair and makeup. I went with my mom to some fancy makeup place in the mall and they showed me how to apply it naturally and different techniques for special occasions. Then I changed my hair style, I used to all ways wear it in a pony tail so I started using leave in conditioner so it would come out in ringlets in the morning. Oh I also started wearing shorts more often to get a tan and bought a bikini for only private tanning. But in the end I was just glad I waited for a nice gentlemen like guy to ask me out, even though he turned out to be a douche bag, it was alright while it lasted.

• lol im saying tall girl problems but yeah. I do wear makeup but not cakie but like all these other people saying i guess we got to wait