I should be open to talk about dating at my age, but it makes me uncomfortable.

I'm 23 years old and I've never had a date or a boyfriend before. I notice that friends my age either have boyfriends or enjoy talking about guys they like. I don't like talking about flirting and I feel very uncomfortable when people allude to the fact that it's ok to like a guy.. I'm extremely busy with studies since I'm in graduate school, but I wonder why my friends are so open and free to talk about it and I feel uncomfortable... I don't want to seem like a tween, but it does make it uncomfortable... I'm not sure why that is... any idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you're asexual.

Asexual people don't find either gender appealing.

Some people that identify this way are indifferent to the subject, and others are uncomfortable. There are more and more people identifying with this ideal.

What Guys Said 1

• Being in graduate school you my currently really be in to your studies and see a guy as something that me keep you from your current goal. Or you just haven't seen a guy that strikes your fancy. I wouldn't go freaking out at 23 just because your not drooling over some good looking guy.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're uncomfortable with it because deep down (or not so deep down...) it makes you feel insecure that you've never been with anyone. You probably feel like you can't compare with your friends because you don't really know what they're talking about. Some people are late bloomers. Maybe you just haven't found anyone who really catches your interest yet.