20 Years Old, Never Been Kissed?

I'm 20 Years old, but I have never been kissed yet (nor have I been in any relationship). This is not because I am not capable of getting in a relationship (even though I'm a little shy) - it is mainly by choice (focused on school, work, family). I actually had several girls ask me to go to prom in high school, and every time I smile to a girl, I always get the warmest, most interested look back.

Now, I am trying to get started meeting girls for the first time. I know I am a late-starter, but do you think this will hurt me? Granted, I know I am inexperienced, but will it really matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's what I think. I'm 18 and I'm only really starting to get into the dating scene. It's all a matter of what you're ready for. If you didn't want to be romantically involved until now that's your choice. Sometimes it's good to wait. Some girls like me think it's sweet or nice to have morals or that you're working towards your goals. Don't be so afraid to go for what you want. If this is the right time to make love a top priority then go for it! Hope I helped

• Yes, I do have morals. I just want to get started now, I feel like I am at the point where I am pretty secure with the rest of my life (finishing school, getting a good job, etc.), and I want to move forward.

• It's good that you know what you want. If you're ready then go for it

What Girls Said 7

• Um... you can date people if you want to. It was kind of your own fault you didn't get kissed. If you had went out to prom with someone, you probably would have gotten kissed. I don't think it really matters.

• I hope so, and thanks!

• That's fine just look at all the people who ask the same question on here

• Don't worry about it! It's actually kind of cute that you've never kissed anyone before :)

• When I was 18 I had my first kiss. I was expecting a lot but at the same time I didn't know much or had any experience. But I was so happy cause I'm thinking "omg is he gonna be my bf" at first until I found out the guy was a tool. So don't get your hopes up if your looking for a relationship and the girl isn't then yes you will get hurt like me. If you're a sensitive person or don't care enough to move on.

• Drew Barrymore has a movie you should see called never been kissed

• No don't worry about it. It's not a big deal you're fine x

• Thanks! I'll stop worrying and move on!

• It doesn't really matter. I find it's cute when guys are shy.

Don't be insecure. And good luck :)

• Thanks! I'm usually pretty good at showing confidence, so hopefully this will help (I have to deal with tons of people at my job, so I have really learned confidence and the ability to just not care about being nervous.)

What Guys Said 2

• If you are yourself with her, everything will be fine. Just don't overthink it. You look like a cool guy who knows how to properly treat a girl. If you like her and she likes you back... that's all you need to have, don't you think?

• Thanks! Yes, I am not a scum guy who only wants sex - I do believe in respect strongly. I absolutely want a relationship, and not just a hook up.

• Then she will be a very lucky girl ;-)

• I hope! Thanks again!

• But.. im a 40yr old virgin that had nvr been kissed '-'
    I dont think im weird am i?

• No, I'm just worried!