Honestly, what would you think about a guy who was almost 25 and still a virgin?

If you hadn't guessed it, I'm one.

I am not going to ask if it is normal or anything of that ilk, I am just wondering what women of a similar age who are not virgins themselves would make of this. Is it a turnoff to some women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen: obviously experience does help in the bedroom, but it isn't everything. The only reason a virgin would scare me, is I would be worried that he views sex as just standard intercourse until he cums and then it's over. But, just knowing that you have to take care of the girl will help you. There are guys who have slept with 20 women but haven't been able to make any of them orgasm. But if you are a guy who is willing to try and willing to learn what to do, then you're fine :)

What Girls Said 10

• In my opinion, women your age who are sexually active want an experienced guy to enjoy sex with. I guess it depends on the girl though. I'm sure you have valid reasons for keeping your virginity, and some women may find this respectable and attractive, while others may find it to be a turn off.

• That's why I asked. Most women my age are not virgins anymore, and I thought they might prefer more experienced guys. I realise it largely depends on the woman though.

• So does that mean it is hopeless for the question asker?

• I look at a guy who is almost 25 and a virgin as someone who probably has not dated much or have had long-term relationships. I would not date him because we are on different levels on experience and emotions. I prefer a guy with experience in relationships because they usually know what they want and have been through things which we could relate to. I'm very mature and I guess with experience and learning things that's how you gain. I'm not sure being with someone that lacks experience is going to work for me.

• Thanks for your honesty.

• So its hopeless for the OP then? It seems most girls have your mindset on wanting a guy with experience

• I wouldn't think anything -good for him :)

• I should add that I'm not a virgin by choice per se. It's not that I'm waiting for marriage or anything like that, popping my cherry just hasn't happened yet.

• I'm 20 and still a virgin. Its nothing to be embarrassed about or ashamed of. I think that if you find the right girl, she will appreciate you still being a virgin.

• My current bf was still a virgin till the age of nearly 26. I took his v-card.

• Let me add: This is my 4th relationship. I've taken 3 men's v-card (he's the 3rd virgin).

• Well depends on the places I guess. I love quiet places and they happen to bump into me. It's cute though because I get to mold them and they catch up very fast.

• Better than the 25 year old who "fucks bitches all day err day"

• I don't really care if he is one or not. As a virgin myself at 20 I think virgins either can come off just shy, respectable or maybe don't have a lot of relationship experience and that I don't have good social skills and all that applies to me lol im not looking forward to get laid anyways until I met the right someone

• Depends if he does it voluntarily or not.
    If he does, it shows obviously a strong discipline, considering todays temptations. I had some religious friends who were like that. On the other hand, that would be nothing dateable for me, because i enjoy sex.
    Ending up with a guy who is a virgin at my age, I don't think I would enjoy it, because I would need someone who knows what he wants and how to please a women.
    I once had sex with a virgin guy, and it was really not good at all.

• I'd think he's either religious or very shy.

• It is the latter in my case.

• I might actually look into that. Thanks. ☺

• I used it for severe anxiety after a car wreck and it helped a lot. Best wishes!

• I'm the girl equivalent of you so I don't think its weird at all. Its a personal choice and that's perfectly fine.

• Your in your mid 20s and a virgin?

• I'm confused, you say you have been sexually active since 18 but yet are still a virgin, are you implying you have done everything except for intercourse?

• Yes.

What Guys Said 9

• If a girl truly likes you, she shouldn't care. Everyone was a virgin first and then gained experienced. If a girl chooses to go out with a virgin guy, he'll most likely lose it to her and then gain experience the more he has sex with her. I don't know why there are a lot of girls who get turned off by a guy's virginity like it's such a bad thing.

• Gained experience*

1 down vote from a girl. Why is that? What's wrong with what I said? Can any girl explain how I'm wrong?

• If you are a American then girls there will obviously think "what's wrong?". Because you know that most of your girls lose their virginity in teenage years itself.
    They won't have any negative impression about you but they will definitely think " what's wrong?"
    This trend is now starting here in southasian cities. So i can easily guess the side effects of modern society.

• I'm British, but I think the same principle applies.

• Yeah... they are your descendants bro! :)

• I'm 21 and a virgin by choice though for me I would rather wait and do it with a women I am married to and that is what I plan on doing. As to why I am doing it, its a mix of religious reasons and my own morals and values that I both developed myself and was brought up with.

• i dont think she would care if you are a virgin or not if she really likes you.. Plus having sex a lot doesn't mean you will be good because every girl is different.

• When did you join this website?

• Just recently. I am guessing this sort of thing gets asked a lot lol, but I would like to hear some opinions nonetheless.

• When I think of a guy who is 25 and hasn't been laid, I think he doesn't try to get laid.

• As slutty as girls are these days people will def think there's something wrong with you

• I really hate this catch-22 about experience

• Be proud of your virginity. Don't let people shame you for it.

• It's a turn off if he's been trying to get Into relationships and have sex. he's a proven failure.
    If he has options to have sex and relationships and he decides not to then he's desirable. He's successful with women he just decides against being in a relationship or sleeping around