Why does it bother people if others have a "racial/ethnic preference"?

I don't get why so many have this gnashing of teeth over it...

why not accept that people make choices in life (life is about making choices, right?) and we choose people we feel compatible with? lol..

Most Helpful Girl

• They are ignorant that is why. People have different preferences and just because some people might be attracted to a lot of different races does not mean a person that does not is a racist or close-minded. We can't even explain why we are attracted to certain people ourselves most of the time so I don't bother explaining and I don't need acceptance. Those people are so stupid and annoying. You like what you like I like what I like and I don't like what I don't and it won't change so why jump down someone's throat? People make a big deal out of nothing because they have no understanding

What Girls Said 4

• Racial preferences don't make sense to me because every one doesn't look the same. And I believe that someone who has a racial preference sees people of a certain race collectively. For example all black people don't look slit to me. Black people come in all shades, sizes, and have a variety of facial features, so when someone says I don't find black people attractive I don't understand what it is exactly that they don't find attractive. There are too many variations within a race to standardize a form of beauty within. That race. People don't even share the same skin tones or hair colors.

Now I have preferences that I find attractive. I love high cheekbones, full lips, dark features. However those physical qualities that I find attractive can be found in many races.

• it's what they like... i think people who oppose racial preferences are insecure... they reckon people who won't find them attractive...

• And bored because I had a long day at work, and want something to amuse me... Kindly provide a reason why I must entertain your views?

• I also know that not all members of a race look alike... Somalian blacks look different to Nigerians, Thais look different to Chinese, Spanish to Swedish... and?

• I don't get it either... if someone wants to be with another outside of their race/ethnicity it shouldn't be a big deal cause we are all human.

My parents expect me to be with someone from the same ethnicity no discussion... because they want a pure bloodline.

• Preferences are racist. But everyone has them.

• Therefore we're all racists! Racists United!

• +1 for bravery bama

• Thaaaaanks! @Negrodamus

• I don't mind as long as they are both being prejudice towards others or generalizing. If it was my crush I would probably be upset and get over it.
    At the end of the day I'm not gonna mope around about it.

What Guys Said 4

• Hi Carnix! Howse Trinidad and Tobago treating you? Please tell me you at least met some of those pretty black Indian girls, they make my heart melt. Since you took the time to answer my last question regarding this topic, I thought k could answer yours. How nice of me! I'm not bothered by anyone's racial preferences cause they're not me and I only care about my preferences. People can go chasing who they want. I think other people may be bothered by it because they find it somewhat harsh that someone could so easily exclude huge groups of people from their dating pool. But then again, it's their choice, so whatever lol. Good thing I have none, I could never imagine myself excluding a potential lover lol. So have a good day @carnix

• and it's my opinion that this doesn't personally bother anybody else, so mind their place/business lol...

but here there are lots of nice Indo, Afro and mixed women... many of the mixed look kind of like Nicki Minaj (she's half Afro/Indo-Trinidadian).

• Because those people have nothing better to do than to get bothered by other peoples choices and opinions.

• It bothers me when people use "white" or "black" as a noun, like "whites and blacks get along with each other like blah blah whatever." Just say white people and black people. I'm not "a white" and I'd be uncomfortable calling a person "a black".

That didn't address your question at all, did it? Sorry.

• I think its because some of us just can't admit that they hold some type of bigoted views towards some races. Its not a crime to hold those views and its funny how people cover it up by saying they have a "preference."