Does She Like Me? Girls Are So Confusing (Sorry for length)

So there's this girl I really like but we didn't have any classes together freshman year so I met her through friends. We talked a lot (with other people around) and she would always smile and laugh. We have a lot in common and I started to fall for her. I even walked her halfway home after school a couple times. So I started to text her a few times a week with long, personal conversations although I always initiated them. Eventually I worked up the courage to ask her for ice cream after school. She told me she had to work on a project (she's a great student like me) that she had mentioned before, and I thought it was a legit reason to say no especially because she seemed to resent it. So one of my mutual friends talked to me near the end of the year and told me that she said she didn't like me. As hard as it was, I didn't text her at all after that. So halfway through summer, she texts me first (for the first time) and we talked about our summer. Since then, we've been texting about every other day and she starts the convos as often as I do. We flirt a little and tease each other but nothing excessive. I don't know if she just wants to be friends or if she changed her mind about me (or if she always liked me?)? I want to ask her to the movies but I don't want to look like a fool. Sorry this was WAY too long.

Most Helpful Girl

• From the sounds of it, when she said she didn't like you; you guys did not know each other well enough. With some people, the acceptance of themselves liking someone or even just liking someone takes time. It is just one of those moments where you will probably have to really get to know each other before a relationship works

• How do I know if she wants to be with me and move things forward? It's not that I am not willing to take it slow, it's just that I don't want her to be waiting for me.

• The best thing you can do if you have a big enough pair strapped on you is to ask. You can't tell by asking people that don't know her. They can only make guesses by what you say about her. I'd say you should play a texting game. Like the one where all do you is ask random questions back and fourth with an honest answer. You could ask a few randoms then ask one that goes something like "could you see us being in a relationship?" If she said ya great. If she said no sorry. And if she seems like she gets offended then you tell her it was just a random question. Then is she did say ya you could ask her out. That is the best advice I can give.

What Girls Said 3

• I think she likes you. When a mutual friend butts in to ask if I like this guy I would act coy and either avoid the question or in her case, say no. It might mean that she's not ready to go into a relationship right now. But however if she's making an effort to talk to you which she sounds like she is plus the flirting then it means that she is into you. You can ask her out to the movies but casually first so that it won't scare her away.

• Thanks but how could I ask her out casually without scaring her away? Also should it be over text or in person? I'm a pretty friendly guy but I just don't wanna mess this up.

• What my guy did to me that drove me crazy was that I know he likes me but he was so subtle about it. Whenever he asked me out it was with a bunch of other people, I guess he didn't want to scare me off by being so forward and asking me out on a date. This made me obsess over it like, is he into me or are we friends? We started hanging out with groups then slowly he subtly asked me out one on one. You could start by mentioning a movie that just came out or a new dining place that you and ur buds want to check out and just casually ask if she would like to come. Find out more about her, if she likes doing a particular thing such as sports then you could perhaps organise a group setting for that and most importantly make sure you have one on one on that occasion.

• Girls are confusing, I should know I am one. I think there is a chance she does like you. I have a theory that May or not be correct. A lot of girls want what they can't have. When she knew you liked her she told her friends she didn't and now that you're ignoring her she wants you. I may be wrong though so don't agree with me 100 percent. I think you should keep her as a friend and let her fall for you now, because if you ask her out now she'll probably get bored with you almost immediately once she has you. Like I said its just an idea.

• Yeah I just don't want her to lose interest if I don't make a move or worse think that I don't like her anymore. What do you think?

• Thanks. I'll just stay friends for now and see where things go. But I don't want it to stay like that forever. How will I know when she wants to be with me?

• When she wants to be with you, you'll probably know. Most girls get nervous around people they like. If she blushes, or if you catch her staring at you, she tells you things that are important to her, or finds an excuse to touch you. You can even tell through text messages. If she flirts, sends heart emojis, or tries tell a joke to make you laugh.

• I would say continue to be her friend.. make her fall for who you are as a person.. a lot of times as soon as we assume they talk to us we jump to asking them out and sometimes we should take a step back and make them be reminded of how cool we can be lol.. so take ur time dnt scare her away.. once you'll are a bit more comfortable than ask her out

• Thank you. I have no problem with taking it slow, unlike most high school guys. I just don't want her to friendzone me because I don't make a move.

• Well give yourself at least a week if you cnt wait to long to get to know her more talk to her find out her interests.. than slowly work your way in. . I've never had to ask a guy to be my bf so far I've been friends with them and be myself and they end up liking me.. of course it's not alway every single guy but I'm saying I've got to show them who I am as a person sometimes when you over think it or try to hard it bites you

What Guys Said 2

• Run away dude. Run away. She was missing the attention and now she's getting it back. This girl will be messing with your mind for as long as you let her.

• Thanks man I appreciate you looking out for a bro. I can see your point but I just don't know.

• Yeah I've never met a guy that didn't have to learn this the hard way unfortunately. Good luck though!

• Your mutual friend is wrong. Chase for your dream