What's your take on dating someone much younger?

I met this guy who is 21 while I was on vacation. We had an immediate physical attraction to each other and ended up hooking up that night (I didn't have sex with him, but that's beside the point).

It's been about 3 weeks and we text randomly and he really wants to take me on a date. I'm super interested but I'm 5 years older.

He quit college... I have a master's degree
He lives at home... I have an apartment
I highly doubt he's ready for marriage... I see it sooner than later.

Is it even worth trying? I think I could really like him, but I'm afraid I'm setting myself up to be disappointed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Give a fair chance at least, you owe that to the both of you.

What Guys Said 1

• Go for it, all the best.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he might be just a fun guy to hangout with and that's why you're interested. I believe you'll get sick of him after awhile since you guys are so different. Your life goals are way different from his, it seems.

Also, are you going to be okay with being the one who's responsible for everything? Taking him out, paying for almost everything, hanging out at your place all the time since he lives with his parents?

• Just my opinion, but 21 is too young for 25 and up because the latter category are most often ready for a serious relationship as you said you are. Most 21 yr olds are still figuring out who they are and what they want out of life. I say take it very slow (friends first); see what his goals in life are and if they're similar to yours.