How do I compete with my boyfriend's video game obsession?

How do i compete with my boyfriend's video game obsession?

My darling boyfriend is quite literally obsessed with video games, if he isn't eating, sleeping, or with me, he's on Assassins Creed.
.
Don't get me wrong, i like video games, and gaming myself, I'm just not that obsessed.

By boyfriend often ignores texts from me, for games, and can go several hours without responding. He's also admitted I'm in competition with his game for his attention.

I did tell him I'm jealous, and for some reason, he finds it cute.

I won't leave him over this obsession, but how do i compete with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• How can you play Assassin's Creed for that long, it's like storyline campaign then done, join him in different video games or sit there with him and play or something.

• He quite literally has no life outside of the house, he lost his job and has been sick for over a week

• Yeah some people just do different things in their free time, if he's offered to teach you multiplayer games try one of those, I have ignored texts at times but generally during respawn or something there is a text break.

• thank ja

What Guys Said 9

• Time to find a man and leave the kids to the video games nothing wrong with playing now and then but when you have a little boy tell you flat out your in competition with his video games for time with him. That is beyond disrespectful you need to find a man that cannot wait to spend time with you and considers himself the luckiest man in the world that you picked him.

This little boy is not going to change he gets sex whenever he wants you are enabling him to mistreat you.

Move on and go find a man.

• Join in, he would probably find that cool. Or you could fight fire with fire. Do something you like a lot and completely ignore everything he has to say for a couple of hours to make him freak out. I do this to my friends a lot by accident just because the game I play requires my full attention and if I look away for 30 seconds my team could die because of me. So try to understand it first, then either join in or do exactly what he's doing.

• Give him a blowjob one time he games, trust me guys love it. If you really want his attention straddle him while he plays and start undressing. Show him what he rather play with.

• Stand in front of the TV naked. When u can't, say ur going to parties or hanging out worth friends to see if he cares

• He might care then, if he starts doing it in front of me, I'm gonna do the extreme, and unplug the TV

• Put that thing between your legs to good use.

• Two options, show up to his house and offer him a good time *wink wink* (bad idea) or introduce a bigger obsession that he associates with you i. e drugs (even worse idea). These are the two fastest fixes i can think of.

• Sex and good drugs should shit on video games.

• Except of course sex, good drugs, and video games. Now there's a trifecta if there ever was one.

• If you have to compete for attention he's not a good boyfriend. Tell him how you really feel.

• He's a game addict and heading towards loserdom. Dump him.

• You could always take away the sex and watch him crawl back to you.

• Thanks. It's funny. I used to be major gamer myself... but I quit playing altogether halfway through college.

But honestly, I have come to learn that there are better things in life than gaming. Hopefully he will see that one day as well.

• To tell the truth, that's a great idea

What Girls Said 4

• Ummmm... you CAN'T.
    It's done. He's an addict - but it's not seen as something that's completely ruining his life so people disregard it... but he'll keep pushing people away with this obsession. You can only 'play with him in the game' for so long until you get bored and angry and he still doesn't notice because he has to 'kill one of the Templars'. You'll end up breaking up with him - this is just the way the story goes.
    He might end up getting another gf in a couple of years, but whomever he finds is going to keep breaking up with him...

• wtf? try to walk naked in the house in front of him while he is playing games or even masturbate in front of him.. if still stuck to his video game.. dump him

• Sounds like you need to level up...

In all seriousness, it shouldn't be a competition. You should come first or he really doesn't want a girlfriend all that bad.

• Assassin's Creed is a great game, don't blame him.