She paid for dinner, should I have stopped her?

I always pay for everything when we go out. We went to get dinner a few days ago and when the bill came I got ready to pay, but she said it was her turn. Don't know if that was test or not, but I just went with it. Was that a bad move on my part?

Most Helpful Girl

• No! I know I like for the relationship to be as 50/50 as possible and part of that is the girl paying for dates!
    My bf hates the thought of me paying, but I feel that we should both pay, or at least let the girl pay once in a while. I'd be more comfortable if the guy lets me pay. I'm not saying the female always pays, or male always pays, but like a balance 50/50. That would be ideal for me :)

What Girls Said 4

• No it wasn't. As a woman, I don't want my man to feel obligated that he has to pay for me ALL The time. If you pay for everything, we tend to feel guilty. We like to show that were an independent woman.

• If you have already gone out with & paid before the date, it makes sense that she would want to return the favor. I consider it a kind & generous gesture when a man pays for the first day, but if I like that guy, I play on returning the favor & paying for his meal/movie/etc. the next time. You sound like a giving & chivalrous guy, I'm glad you found a girl who respects you & appreciates what you do.

• No if she wanted to pay you should let her. Not all women are about men paying for everything for all the time. We don't live in a worldgirl anymore where little girlanymores are brought up to be the perfect little house wife. We brought up our oldest daughter to work hard and be able to stand on her own two feet so she would never feel like she had to depend on a man or feel stuck.

• Nope, i think she really wanted to pay after you have payed so many times. Dont worry.

What Guys Said 4

• It wasn't the first date so its okay.

• Not a bad move at all. Let her pay.

• If you've paid for several dates it's about time she finally starts paying

• You're good. Me and this girl went out a few times and we took turns paying after the first date. In my opinion it's a good sign she wants to pay sometimes