One if the guys I really like wants to be friends with benefits but I want a relationship. What should I do? How do I handle this?

So I really like this guy and he's actually nice to me. He seems to really care about me and my feelings. Is he only acting this way to get me to do him sexual favors. I want to see where it goes. Do friends with benefits ever turn into a relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• No no no - you two MUST be on the same page from the start and all it means when a guy wants that instead is that he likes you, but not enough to be exclusive, turn him down. DO NOT agree to his terms, tell him why. "I really like you a lot but I'm sorry, I can't be casual with sex so I don't do FWB."

Either you will lose him, or he will come back and do it your way - please ask me anything else you need to.

• If he said no how would I let go

• You see other guys, you keep busy, you remind yourself that he was disrespecting you; your needs and wanted also to do the same to your body. This is about self-esteem. You deserve a man who loves you enough that he would NEVER ask you to compromise and settle for less. It's selfish of him, don't let him fool you or take advantage of you. Whatever you hurt now will be far less hurt if he uses you and tosses you aside once he falls for a new girl and is serious about her.

• Thanks, and never forget that respect is a two-way street. He can't ask you to fulfill his wishes for sex if you're not on the same page about being casual.

What Guys Said 5

• He really may honestly care about your feelings and you as a person, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't want a relationship. If a friends with benefits situation isn't what you want then don't do it in hopes that it could evolve into a real relationship because odds are you'll end up heartbroken.

• Rarely ever. I find once a person designates you as a hook up and you didn't resist that moniker from the very beginning indicating you want a real relationship, then you will rarely be considered anything more. Also, if it's a relationship you want I would get out of this now. Trust me it hurts a. LOT later, because he will discard you.

• If you want a relationship do not settle for a FWB. You will be miserable.

• Anyone who believes in friends with benefits is not long term relationship material, and never will be.

• What relationship are you looking for? To get married to him? either way in a relationship or friends with benefits one would end up giving favours to one another !!!

What Girls Said 3

• I say you'd be setting yourself up for a world of hurt on the off chance that you MAY get a relationship that MAY work out. Doesn't really seem worth it.

• If you want to be more than just friends with him, don't say yes to being friends with benefits. It would hurt you. If he doesn't want a relationship, keep looking for the right guy :)

• Would it okay to ask him to just be friends if he doesn't want a relationship or should I cut the cord?

• It depends if you CAN be just friends. I couldn't, but that's up to you

• Don't be his fwb. Never settle for less.