What does a girl want when she's says "friends first"?

Does it just refer to sex? Or does it mean she doesn't want dates? Or?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just like it sounds, she wants to be friends be friends before taking things further, aka dating. I have no idea how you got sex out of "friends first". Now if she said "friends with benefits first" than I could see you thinking she was referring to sex.

• Well it's just that most friends don't have sex, so I took it as an assumption that "friends first" meant NO sex.

• Sorry my mistake for misunderstanding your question. "Refer to sex" wasn't sure if you where referring to having sex or not having sex. Friends first means she's not ready for a full relationship and just wants to be friends for now.

What Girls Said 3

• It means, what it exactly means... she wants to be friends first. She wants to take it slow, she wants to get to know you better. Right now she just sees you a guy she knows, but doesn't actually know... you get it? She wants to get to know you on a friend level right now.

• she wants to take it slow.. and ya, she is serious about you.. that's why wants to know more about you and want you to know her before things go official

• ... but how can I make her understand... I mean, I can't just forget my romantic feelings for her and pretend to be friends it's not possible for me

• you don't have to hide your feelings... love is friendship+care also.. right? you will have chance to win her heart... and understand her...

• try to understand her view... she could ask you to leave as well, but she asked you to stay as friend.. this is positive vibe... just be there... and have faith... she will love and appreciate you more for understanding her... if you try to push her, she myt run away or couldn't handle it properly... you have to wait for her...

• To get to know you

What Guys Said 2

• she wants to become good friends first before going any further like a relationship. it may possibly just stay as friends only as well.

• ... but you don't just suddenly go into a "relationship" anyway, you get to know each other first... so whats the difference between that and being friends?

• well for some people that's how they like to get to know each other, just as friends, and some people truly believe that you must become good friends first before even entering the relationship stage.

• nice way of turning you down

• Well what she said was "It really helps if you're friends first before going into that sort of relationship." ... but her body language and behaviour says she wants me