Is it weird to reach out to his family if you haven't been introduced?

I'm curious if the guy I am dating has some sort of "issue" or "bad history" that he wouldn't otherwise tell me about. His family lives in a different state, so I have not yet met them. Would it be weird to secretly reach out to his sister on Facebook and voice my concerns?

Oh no, we haven't been dating very long
Just curiosity

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. very fcking weird. don't do it. dontoverstep ur boundaries.. if u feel like he has issues then distance urself from him but they will look at u like a looney toon for asking people u don't even know about a guy u aren't even that serious with

What Guys Said 3

• My half of my girlfriends family lives in oklahoma. And i didn't meet any of them till 6 months in and when they came to stay at Our. House for christmas. He will introduce you when he's ready. To reach out may be out of line.

• You're understandably curious about the guy you're with, but that's a terrible idea. There's a reason he hasn't introduced you and you don't want to walk blindly into a hornet's nest. Either wait for him to decide its time to enlighten you, or push him for it. Just be aware that if you push him he may decide to break things off.

• Right
      But no we haven't been dating long!

• That would freak me out so much. Lol

What Girls Said 2

• He will probably get extremely mad at you, might even break up with you, if you do so and he finds out. And it must be really bad and embarrassing if he won't tell you. But you deserve to know...

• Right
      But would like a sister think it's weird to have this random girl message her on Facebook?

• Yes... my advice would be not to do it. I mean if you guys are together for 4 years, he still hasn't told you, and you still haven't met them yea go ahead. But I mean I would be careful dating someone with a "bad history" and not knowing what they've done... talk to him about it again try a different approach tell him you will not judge him or look at him differently and if you have already tried this I don't know what to say really

• If you want him to never talk to you again
    That is definitely the way to go