Are there countries where men are more traditional?

Than England or America. By traditional I mean they are expected to ask out and chase the women, stuff like that.

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, men do chase women and especially ask women out in the United States. However, American men are definitely less "traditional" because American women love the chase too, especially the bad guys. I kind of like it where the guys do most of the chasing. Things are less complicated that way.

What Guys Said 7

• If you wish to be chased like the old days, I expect you to shut up and pump out male children at a regular pace and submit to whatever vile things I demand of you.

Traditional means 'what our ancestors did.' It is all-or-nothing. There is no going back. More traditional countries are growing toward equality just as well as the more 'modern' countries.

• You would rather have a man chase you? I always thought that was a turnoff. Ik that Japan still sticks to those kinds of things.

• They're expected to chase women in the United States.

• Pretty sure it's like that exactly here.

• Yeah in India men are excepted to do all that. Take a step in almost everything, when it comes to dating and such things.

But that is changing slowly. I have met few women in cities who are a bit bold.

• yeah but you wouldn't want to live there!

i don't think there's any reasonably free country in the world where men are anywhere near as assertive as they used to be. sorry.

archdruid mentions japan. japan is still traditional in many ways but mens assertiveness isn't one of them. in fact japan is notorious for the increasing passiveness of the men there. its called the 'herbivore' or 'grass eater' phenomenon

• If you want a traditional man, then you will need to give up on any country that shares feminist values.

What Girls Said 3

• Many Euro and Asian cultures still do this. By Euro, I mean even territorial areas colonized by Europeans. For example, all of South America. Countries that picked up westernized independence like US, Canada, Australia didn't want to conform to traditions and have since evolved to create their own social culture that is apart from Europe. I still think most of Europe is like this in small communities, however in bigger cities like where I am, women have caught on to trying to carve out their own lives and have confused men in to thinking we don't want this. More traditional ways will be found in small, sleepy communities that were proud to hang on to old values. Nothing wrong with that, I find it charming.

• Well from my experience italy is a tad more conservative in that regard. Which is the only reasonable country I could think of.
    We all want what you described, right? But truth is it comes at a cost. Which is that in those countries women usually aren't seen equal to men and often treated badly.

Some eastern european countries are more like that too, but I don't know if you would want to live there. So is south america. Men are a bit more Macho there but idk, I'm not sure I'd want to live there. And I think establishing a life as alone single woman there would be quite challenging

• In Japan women chase men, clean, cook, raise children etc...