Is it against the Bible to date me to date my gender?

I love God and I want to please him as much I can. But, I am attracted to girls as well as boys, so I want to kno, does the bible condem dating other girl as long as I do not do sexual stuff with them? I cannot find anything about just dating, only performing sexual acts wit them. :/ I do not want to make God sad with me so I want to know.

• No it is not wrong. God will not be upset at you.
  • Yes, it is wrong. God forbids all same sex pairing.
  • See votes.

Most Helpful Guy

• There was a man who wrote the Bible but lot stuff in there is coming true

Question: "What does the Bible say about bisexuality? Is being a bisexual a sin?"
    Answer: The Bible nowhere directly mentions bisexuality. However,
    it is clear from the Bible's denunciations of homosexuality that bisexuality
    would also be considered sinful. Leviticus 18:22 declares having sexual
    relations with the same sex to be an abomination. Romans 1:26-27 condemns
    sexual relations between the same sex as abandoning what is natural. First
    Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of
    God. These truths apply equally to bisexuals and to homosexuals.
    The Bible tells us that a person becomes bisexual or homosexual because
    of sin (Romans 1:24-27). This does not necessarily mean sins the person has
    committed. Rather, it refers to sin itself. Sin warps, twists, and perverts everything
    in creation. Bisexuality and homosexuality are caused by sin "damaging" us
    spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Sin is the plague, and bisexuality
    is simply one of the symptoms.
    Many Christians mistakenly focus on bisexuality and homosexuality as
    particularly evil sins. The Bible nowhere describes homosexuality as being
    any less forgivable than any other sin. A bisexual is the same number of steps
    away from salvation as the "moral" legalist—one. God offers forgiveness to anyone
    and everyone who will trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. This includes those involved
    in bisexuality. Once salvation through Christ is received, God will begin the process of
    destroying the acts of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21), including any and all homosexual
    tendencies, and developing the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). The promise
    of a "new creation" is available to anyone who will trust in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

What Guys Said 25

• you can date whoever you want:) dating is just simple fun, yeah people normally go on dates with the intentions and expectations to turn it into a relationship but you said it yourself, nothing sexual so its basically just hanging out. i think you're okay:)

• Against the bible? I believe so. It does say 'man should not lay with man as he would lay with a woman.'

That being said, I don't believe that consenting adults have harmed anyone. If someone's God wishes to punish two people for feeling love toward each other, fuck that person's God.

Marvel Comics wrote a story once, titled "God Loves. Man Kills" and I think that title sums up the idea just fine.

• So the poll's choices are improper. They ask what Bible means, but they also ask if homosexuality is wrong. They are not the same thing. The Bible has an opinion, and it is clear. But that doesn't make it correct.

• its okay, so i guess you are saying its okay?

• I'm okay with it. The Bible isn't. But not all Christians are against it. A growing number are accepting of gay relationships.

People are certain to assume you're having a sexual relationship. If you two are good for each other, it will end up there eventually.

Denying your feelings will make you frustrated with love. Straight or gay, it isn't a good idea to date someone you can never end up completely with. We're designed to love completely, or move on.

Come to terms with what you believe rather than how your elders interpret their elders' book. Consider that not one single commandment mentions homosexuality. It only mentions love and honor.

• I said B. But to be honest it's a slightly tougher question. According to the Bible all people struggle with sin. If a homosexual doesn't act on their "sinful" nature then they are good the same as if a person prone to murder doesn't murder.
    However dating I think would be an exception. It'd be like a thief grabbing something, putting it in their purse and hiding it without actually stealing it. I think you'd still be screwed on account of the intention. Like how the bible says if a man hates his brother it is the same as though he killed him. The same can be extrapolated to sexual immorality. (I'm an atheist so this is just my objective outside opinion)

• Yes, sex with someone of your own gender is listed as amongst the most vile of sins. I cannot remember the verse in Leviticus that refers specifically to Lesbians, but it is there. In Leviticus 20:13 it states that sex between men is "detestable" and that they must be put to death.
    In First Corinthians 6:9 it states that men who have sex with other men are among the most vile of sinners and are damned to Hell. By implication (based on the verse in Leviticus) this would extend to women who had sex with women.

• The gay and lesbian stuff in Leviticus was put there to calm down a sexually deviant and kinky recently released Hebrews from Egypt. I don't think it really applies to modern day. You should regard your bible as a book of general morals and nothing else. I'm Christian and I find many things in the bible too harsh. Go and find yourself a gf girl. You're not a sexually deviant kinky Hebrew recently released from enslavement in Egypt.

• @chocolate.. just to add to your comment, personally i've always considered the OT to be about the letter of Hebraic law which was elevated to the spirit of the law via Christ's two commandments of love.
      My best guess is that if we are now under a covenant of love, there's really no biblical prohibition whatsoever.

• God loves you know matter what you do.

Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't Say anywhere in the bible that homosexuality is a sin, and no, you can't count Leviticus, because the bible isn't meant to be taken literally.

• What people forget is that the bible was written by man, not got. people have their prejudices (as you can see), but god loves unconditionally.

• "lying with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination."

"just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

It's quite blatant. Bear in mind, your desire isn't "wrong/immoral" in itself, but the action "is." I quote because I'm not religious, nor do I condemn homosexuality. I'm just stating the facts as it pertains to Christianity.

• as i say before, i am talking about dating, not sex, but thank you for input

• Even if it was wrong, (it's not), who cares? Would you really stop being who you are just because some priest claims that god hates gays? This is why I'm agnostic.

• I believe god wants us to be happy good people, whatever a persons preference is.
    i don't think it would make god sad, to be a good honest person, you must first be honest with yourself.

• the fact that the bible has been tampered with and most likely changed by people over the years, don't trust it. I'm christian, but i believe all bibles and in general ALL scriptures from every religion are faked. There are constant contradictions in all of them, don't trust them.

• Just dating is basically what friends do. Do things together, have fun, etc. So I would say no. As long as there is nothing sexual, the Bible doesn't condemn it.

• Why do you want to please god? How will you know if you're pleasing it?

• Because I am Christian and he is my savior, so I want him to be happy in everything i do. God is important part of my life and pleasing him is foremost goal for me.

• as i said, I cannot physically prove he is real. All i have for evidence is that I have personaly felt his presence in my life, so I use that. Even if all of this is someday proven false when I die, well, I will rest well knowing that i led a good life.

I am also doing quite well now, thank you for asking

• Oh that's interesting. So you have felt the presence of jesus. Do you think it's possible that what you felt was not the presence of jesus? Because every religion in the world has felt their own god or spirits. Check this out, it's really fascinating: www.youtube.com/watch

So that makes me wonder, how do you know that what you felt was the presence of jesus?

• God loves everybody so you may love everybody too. Dating and sex are no sins. There is just advice in the bible no actual god given law about it.

• If there is a God, as long as you are a good, caring person, it shouldn't matter who you love.

• U can befriend them but u can't do any physical activities with them. Just non sexual things.

• To Answer Your Question: You Got Me In A Tough Spot, What I Would Recommend Is To Pray See What He Says. #Pray&PrayHard.

• Yes, it is against the Bible.

• God will understand.

• This might prove helpful. http://youtu.be/dqTbXHsOrGM?t=38s

• its not moral for guys or girls but its only a sin like lying, the main sins are the ten commandments if you keep those as best you can then your preference doesn't matter that much, thats why christ came and rose again

• I'm not religious so maybe my opinion means nothing but i would assume if it makes you happy to date a girl and it's harming no one how would god hate that? If you two have a great relationship and like each other I see no reason why god wouldn't be in favor of two people enjoying everything about each other.

• You want to go out with girls and... do what then? Be BFFs?

• God won't care if the girl is hot.

• Don't be ignorant and stupid. If you love girls be with them, there ain't no God or Alah. This is why our world is like it is. #NOtoReligions #NOtoWars

• i am not stupid :(

• Anon, thank you for your answer, but I am disagree with you about God not being real, but I respect your belief, and apreciate that you still took time to give me an answer. c:

• That's ok, good luck there. And don't let your God make who you are

What Girls Said 4

• The bible doesn't mention lesbians or lesbianism. In the bible men had multiple wives, slaves, and harems. Considering that women, wives, and Slaves were to be submissive to their men, they would be expected to engage in sexual acts with said man at the same time.

• If god is supposed to be all loving and not make mistakes, then you're supposed to love people of the same gender as you and he'll love you just the same for it.
    This video might be helpful too.
    www.upworthy.com/there-are-6-scriptures-about-homosexuality-in-the-bible-heres-what-they-really-say

• What pisses me off is that people want to have hate for LGBT and bring up the bible to help prove their point. "It's against the bible!!!" There's a lot of things that we as human beings and God's creation did that was "against the bible". Having hate for them is ironic because God also said love thy neighbor..

So go on and just love who you want! There's even a gay community somewhere in San Francisco and I don't know if you would want to go there, but I figure you should because it'd be a nice experience from what I've seen on tv: nothing but a peaceful community with LGBT

Plus, I can't imagine a god that says something is wrong but creates you with that "bad" attribute.. Then he pretty much set you up for failure - Hell, I hate steak sauce but you don't see me being hateful every time I see it at restaurants :D

• I am not christian so I am not sure. I only know that if you like someone , dont let religion stop u