How soon do you ask someone you're dating about being exclusive?

I know it varies, but from your personal dating and relationship experiences, how soon? And did you bring it up, or did the other person? How did you (or they) phrase it? Has the other person ever said they weren't ready for that, and what was your reaction to that?

I'm just thinking about bringing it up, and thought I'd ask about how other people go about this. I know sometimes people just assume, but I don't really want to do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well it varies from couple to couple. I usually date them for a couple of days and if I see that we click then I'll bring up the subject. It's best to do it before you guys go any deeper and have sex imo. I mean, no girl wants to find out that they're just a friend with benefits. In my current relationship, my boyfriend would constantly beat around the bush when it came to this topic. I was really confused and kinda sad thinking that I was nothing but a friend with benefits. Then when I brought up that I wanted us to be exclusive he said he felt the same way and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was super scared but so relieved to get an answer.

What Guys Said 2

• ok so with my last girlfriend i thought about the possibility of cheating on her and went into a 2.5 day depression state of even thinking about cheating. i didn't even have anyone in mind. so what im saying is, i can't help you because i am exclusive when i go on the first date. :/ sorry lol

• welll as soon as there's a label you shuld talk about it thats #1 priority/.

What Girls Said 1

• As soon as you say you are my boyfriend or girlfriend