Does the start of a relationship always have to start physically?

I know several people whom have had sex way before they even considered dating the person. Why is that? It makes everything solely based on appearance and well, sex, which is something I don't understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• None of my relationships started with sex. When sex was a factor, it always came later.

If having sex first and dating later doesn't sound like something you'd want to do, don't do it. Don't let it be you if it just isn't you. It's that simple. :)

What Guys Said 2

• No, not necessary.

• If your not comfortable with it then dont do it. From someone older with knowledge of this slow down on the physical aspect otherwise their will never be a romantic connection.

What Girls Said 1

• I just think when there are sparks, there are sparks, and if two people want to try each other out early, then so be it. It would be nice if people thought things through better when they do it though because all too often I hear later on from friends that they fear they might be pregnant or that they caught an STD. Would have been nice if they used a condom or got checked out first with their partner to save the grief. But these are things not really thought through with some people when they are hungry for some sex.