What age is too young?

What is the age that is too young? Is 13 too young to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you have the rest of your life for dating. Enjoy other things first. To many young people are jumping in to relationships instead of enjoying their own life. Try to find out everything about yourself before you start dating and trying to figure someone else out.

What Guys Said 6

• To date?
    Ahhh. Well high school and younger could probably focus on schooling. Of course grades like Junior and Senior have no problem dating. But 7th grade, 8th grade, you probably won't feel the same after a few years. Must be careful. And to date someone, it can be tricky. Always having your parents to give you rides. Don't have jobs yet so money is limited. Unless you have allowance.
    But love is love, if you believe in it. Don't go based on appearance or action, know the other person too.

• The answer will depend of the person, but I wouldn't have an issue with a 13 year old going on a date. I can understand people having an issue with it, but I think it is good to start developing those social skills while they are young.

• There's no such thing as too young, as long as your activities are appropriate for your age within your culture.

• I didn't date at 13. A few years later, I turned down two really nice girls because they were both only 13.

• Like fetus-year old is pretty young...

• if its innocent i dont think so

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say yes. But I'm the type of person who dates forever or for never.
    I don't find it appealing to date "just to date", but that's just me.
    Now, if you aren't like this, and would date for fun, I'd suggest to wait at least until high school. Focus on getting good grades because at that young age, boy/girlfriends can be a distraction. If you do decide to date, just make sure it education is still a high priority. People my age still make the mistake of having their boy/girlfriend as the most important thing, even if they've been dating for a few weeks/months. As long as you are ready to practice good time management skills and juggle, school, family, and a boyfriend, you should be fine. :)
    But don't be surprised if you can't, even adults my age (in their 20s) have trouble finding a good balance.

• 13 year old is still young and at that age, you are not able to build mature relationship that would last for very long.
    Also 13 is easy to persuade and push into doing tyings they dont really want to do because they are naïve. So the risk of being sexually used is high with a partner that is older.

So in my opinion 13 is free to date someone same age so they can make childish mistakes together.