Is it normal to get jealous when my girlfriend is texting other guys?

I have been going out with my girlfriend for over a year and a half now. She just recently came back from travelling. However when she came back things were not the same as she left. She developed feelings for another guy while she was away and when she came back she wanted space apart to clear her head. She is texting a guy who she works with at the moment but after what had happened recently I am finding it difficult to trust her talking to other guys. Am I over reacting? I have never been in a long term relationship before so this is still new to me. I completely trust her but I keep having doubts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say she's cheating, yet. But having doubts in a relationship isn't good. And no offense but, you don't COMPLETELY trust her, do you? Why would you doubt her and post this question then? In a way, you have the right to react so. She just said she developed feelings for another and that is the WORST sign. And I can see why she asked for a break, and that's good. But when she likes another while in a relationship, that's when you know it gets messy. If it's a coworker, I don't think it's safe to act on your doubts yet. She doesn't SEEM like the type to go for another guy like that if she asked for a break. But she could be. And sorry to add to your list of doubts, but how do you know it's a coworker?

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say you're right to be worried, but making an issue may not be helpful. I know it's hard, especially if it's your first serious relationship, but it sounds like it may be over. Whatever happens don't let her keep you hanging on. I'd she doesn't want to be with you then she should say that and not be all flaky saying she needs space and not letting you know what's going on with you both.

• You don't completely trust her if you're having doubts, but it's natural to have your doubts given the circumstances. Let her decide what's going on, give her some space and just let her know that you still love her.

• If we can fall in love, we can also be fall out of love. And your girlfriend reason might be that other guy. Be ready and mature enough to accept things. Jealous is a sign of misunderstanding.

What Guys Said 1

• She is cheating and over the relationship. I would break up with her if I were you