How long would you date someone without sleeping with them?

Although I'm not that young any more, I am still rather inexperienced with girls and dating, having only slept with one person so far in my life.

Anyway I'm seeing someone now and things are going well (heading into our 5th date) but we haven't slept together. Both are in our early-mid 20s, professionals.

With my first one it took about 6 months of dating (and some semi breakups within that) before she finally came over to my place (I tried before but she said she didn't feel comfortable, despite being quite experienced though she was aware of my virginity).

As I lack any frame of reference regarding a dating-sexual timeline, I was wondering how long would you date someone (I'm interested in both male and female opinions) without having sex with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should wait until it feels right. Could take a day, a week, a month, several months. It doesn't matter. Everyone is different.
    For me personally, I'd rather date someone for a couple of months before having sex with them.

• I think you may have misunderstood me (and most other guys): I am not particularly interested in waiting for the sake of waiting.

• Hence why I said "you should wait until it feels right". Also, take the girl's feelings into consideration. If she doesn't feel comfortable with having sex with you so soon, you should of course wait (that is, if she actually means something to you).

What Girls Said 7

• Since I am a virgin - ha this make take me at least a year even more because I do not just want to give it up to the wrong person but if she is not a virgin depends on the girl, she can make you wait 6 months or a year or 2 months, it depends on her and her common sense...

• Until I feel comfortable. There isn't like a premeditated deadline or anything but rather when I feel assured that the guy isn't just looking in my pants and is really committed. I don't see myself giving it up any earlier than three months of being official though.

• I'd wait 3 or 4 months. 6 max I guess

• When you feel ready, me and i bf dated about like 6 months

• With my first bf it was 3 months and my my current it was one month

• ifvu Love her it sshould not matter

• Depends on how long the dinner lasts :-D

If I am attracted to someone, I don't mind sleeping with him on the first date. Worked like that with all my bfs so far (longest relationship 7 years and counting). And any guy who loses interest in an easy girl, is anyways not right for me.

That said, I am not judging anyone who wants to wait longer.

• Wow, somehow I've never run into a girl like this (or my seduction skills are seriously underdeveloped, a more likely scenario given my background of losing my virginity at the age of 24).

• I actually never met a guy, who would have waited 6 months before having sex, that is a really good character trait. So if you really like that girl and you don't have the feeling you are lead on, I don't think that you have anything to worry about. The more you know each other, the better it can be.
      Let me just clarify, with my openness, I don't mean meeting random guys and going home with them. I usually knew them at least beforehand for a while, through friends etc. But I mean, as soon, as we meet in private, I don't mind it.

What Guys Said 3

• I would need to be really comfortable with her before I could have sex. Like the other posts said, that can take days, weeks or months depending on well you gel with that person. I can't see it happening within a month, I would say 2-4 months or so.

• 3-4 months if i dont love her.
    Lifetime if I love her

• like about 6 months. then we gotta start having sex or there's really nothing to do anymore.

But it usually takes about a week for me to sleep with her so its all good ;)

• A week? How do you do it?

I only have one date a week usually (as I've got a busy schedule and so does she), as such that's like sleeping on the second date.

• What exactly constitutes "officially dating"? A certain amount of dates or a verbal agreement with her?

• "aye wanna be a girlfriend"
      "yaasss <3"
      Officially dating