She couldn't make it to our first date... How should I feel about this?

So I matched up with this girl on tinder a few weeks ago and we've been talking ever since. And I'm starting to really like this girl. About a week ago I proposed the idea of meeting up at a mall to watch a movie, she was down and we planned it all out how we would get there and everything was good. However she is taking an online course and had a test the day of the date, so she would have to do really well on the test in order for her mother to let her go. She's a smart girl so i encouraged her, she studied a lot so I was pretty confident that she would ace it. turns out she didn't and her mom won't let her go out. Now I know that I shouldn't hold it against her because she did try but the thing is that my mom hates when I cancel last minute so I just told her yeah we're still going so I have to watch a movie alone and spend the say in the mall alone... You can't help but to feel a little disappointed, am I right? So how should i feel about this? I know I shouldn't be mad at her so like how should i have reacted to this? for whatever reason she doesn't seem as enthusiastic to talk to me today, probably upset about her test which i'd understand but I'm not sure if it's that please help me

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't think too much about it. It's only the first date! If it happens again ask her about it. She'll appreciate that you want to see her that badly.

• But i was SO looking forward to it! I was so excited we were planning it out for like a week she said she can make it out as long as the test went well I knew i could make it out so I was really confident I'd finally get to see her then all that went down the drain

What Girls Said 1

• You met her on tinder. Get over it.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm gonna play devil's advocate here, but do you think she made all that up because she didn't really feel comfortable meeting but didn't know how to tell you so she just went along with it until the pressure became too much and she lied about her test? Now she might not know how to cut you loose which might be why she wasn't so enthusiastic to talk to you today. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

• I don't think that's the case cuz i have a friend who talks to her and she also told my friend that she's taking an online course and she had a big test that she didn't do so well on today so I don't know i doubt this is the case