My crush referred to me as her best friend?

A girl I've been crushing on for two years called me her best friend yesterday. I'm totally head over heels and I've never really felt this strongly about a person before. I try to flirt with her and we say I love you to each other on a daily basis (I talk to her via text or phone calls nearly every day for an hour at the least) so I thought my efforts were paying off but she was at my house yesterday and we were exchanging gifts and she called me her best friend. Should I keep trying to be more than that or try and preserve our friendship? Does she like me back?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey! First, you have to make sure she's gay. What if she's not? Also, if you're sure she is, then does she know you are? If both of you are aware of your homo/pansexuality, then she may have a crush on you! You should flirt with her more often, and step to the next level. You should tell her you like her and you could be really happy together! If you aren't, then it's pretty complicated. If she isn't gay, you shouldn't flirt with her, because I don't think you'll be able to turn her into a bi! If she's straight but knows you're gay, she's probably friend zoning you (although I don't like the term friend zone because it's sexist, since it's only used towards girls), but, if she's heterosexual and thinks you are too, she definitely just really loves you as a friend and thinks you feel the same way. Now, if you aren't sure about her sexuality, you should definitely ask her, like a friend. Regarding keeping the friendship or not, I think it's up to you. If you keep it, you'll aways suffer inside for your crush on her, but, if you don't, you may miss her a lot. Both decisions have cons and pros, so, follow your heart. If you really love her and are willing to stay with her even if you don't have any chance (like, if she's really straight), then keep the friendship.
    Kisses kisses and good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Is she into girls too?

• A majority of girls are into guys exclusively, so you couldn't have been that surprised.

• Yes, she is bisexual, she came out to me a couple months after I started crushing on her.

• Oh... lol my bad. Anyways, i doubt that calling you her best friend means she doesn't like you, especially since it seems like you're practically a couple already.

What Girls Said 3

• Being you both have developed this beautiful relationship, this 'Special friendship,' and she has admitted that you are her----Best friend, then there is nothing more to say, nothing more you can do, and as the old saying goes: Why fix what doesn't need fixing.
    Go on with your life, just be her 'Bestie,' and if all possible, although I am sure you are both heartbroken and shot down, Start looking around, concentrating on Others, for I see This Certain chemistry here will-----Preserve our friendship.
    Good luck. xx

• Well, does she also like women, sexually and/or romantically?

I'm sure it's painful for you to love someone so much but they only consider you a friend. That being said, she may feel the same way if she knew how you felt about her. I think you should just talk to her about this. Of course, there's always that risk that it could strain the friendship if the feeling is not mutual.

However, I think it's worth taking that risk if you feel this strongly about her. You should at least try and see if she reciprocates those feelings. You can only understand how she feels by talking to her. So do that and hopefully it goes well:)

• Well she may like you but because maybe she thinks you think of her as your bestfriend she doesn't want to tell you or she doesn't want to mess up your relationship as friends and most girls call the boys they like besties of bestfriends