Dating young teen girls?

I have seen many girls between 14-17 dating older guyz like 25. So is that normal? Bcz I'm 23 n i never thought that way.

I also feel that this is wrong to date such young girls, but girls please share your opinions as it eill help me to know what exactly you guyz think

Most Helpful Girl

• there's the age gap, and then there's young teen girls. it's two separate issues. age gaps are no big deal, but that's between two adults. young girls have no idea what they're doing. they date older because they think it's cool, because the guy is usually more stable and able to do things for her than their young counterparts, and because older guys aren't as inhibited about sex as boys 14-17. they'll know what they're doing. i don't think that young is such a good thing. young girls are acting crazy nowadays. but once they hit consenting age, it's whatever.

What Girls Said 13

• No its wrong. The girls are Naive and think that they are TOO MATURE for guys their own age, and/or the guys prey on them/make them feel special and secure if they come from a bad situation.

These guys are straight pedophiles.

• well in my country it is legal, I'm 17 dating an 23 year old guy. But we get so well along, it doesn't feel like 6 years difference. We both like each other and Im just very mature for my age so for him it feels like I'm 19.. so no it is not weird. I like older guys and he normally doesn't date underage girls, but this time it just happened. he had no idea i was 17.. but its okay. Its legal and we both like each other so nothing wrong with an age gap.

• Not only is it not normal but it's also illegal. Guys should stick to girls their own age.

• It's wrong. Any underage girl who goes for a guy who's as old as 25 is stupid, not to mention looking to be taken advantage of.

• going an evolutionary perspective men are more likely to feel attracted to younger women because a younger woman has more chances of producing multiple healthy offspring.

also, women tend to mature faster than men, therefore teenage girls or young women would feel attracted to older more mature guys.

I don't think the age gap is weird at all. I know adults who have 10 year gaps between them and are still happily married.

• I had a friend who dated a 24 year old when she was 16, but other than that most of the girls I know date guys their age or 1 year older, maybe 2 so its not necessarily common. Too common though since its fucked up and illegal.

Don't even consider it... get someone your own age.

• So you also think that this is wrong?

• The thing is I got many chances to date younger girls but i never accepted those purposels but now i see every other guy is dating young teen girls but I'm the who don't.

• Okay? Just because other dudes are being desperate and creepy doesn't mean you should

• When I was 15 I was dating 23/25 year olds but that was the age of the guys we'd hang around with. They didn't ever ask us our ages until after we had all become good friends so I don't think it as that much of an issue once we turned 16

• Personally I don't agree with it, being young myself, but some guys and girls are into that and I suppose that's their business...
    You're not weird for not thinking it though.

• I think it's wrong, young teen girls are naive and vulnerable and think that they've matured beyond their year but those older guys just use them and throw them to the side when they're bored

• Pedophiles. Absolutely no excuse. This is sickening. I would report such a case to the police.

• It's not too common. But it can happen I've seen it.

• Usually some parenting and emotional flaws on both ends of those relationships.

• I don't like that. I honestly cannot understand why age is such a big deal. IT'S JUST A NUMBER. If you HAVE to date someone younger than you, at least wait until they are the PROPER AGE.

What Guys Said 6

• It's wrong. a guy of 25 is starting to learn about life and how to be a responsible adult. They are getting into the real world. Usually getting their first real full time job. Unless the guy has the maturity of a peanut, there can not be any compatibility between the two.

Girls that young are too young to be in a serious/committed relationship. They have no life expirience. They do not have the maturity. There is no way this situation can work. These girls are setting themselves up to be taken advantage of.

They two of them can not even go a lot of places together. or even relate to their SO friends. There is way too much incompatability between the two.

Of course there are the illegal aspects, the societal aspects and the parental aspects. Any parent who would give their consent to this sort of relationship. Obviously has some problems and never should of had children to begin with.

Now an age gap of 10 years is completely different between a 30 and 40 year old. They will both have matured enough to make an informed decision about the age difference. They have both done some living. The compatibility factor will be much better.

A 14 year or and a 25 year old is just wrong on so many levels.

Oh and my thoughts would not change if the situation was reversed. An older female and younger male.

• 14 dating 25? That just sounds very wrong to me. 17's the legal AOC here and I still have trouble with the thought of that. Granted in high school I have dated teens but I feel I was much closer to their age. I'm 29 now and the thought of even dating a 21 year old I don't feel very fond of. Many girls act like they're "so mature" and all that bullshit... they then tell me about how they used their student loan money to get a tattoo... I just can't deal with them.

• its normal, but society frowns on it. many people do it, but they do it in secret. after all no one wants to be called a pedophile. even though the correct definition according to wikipedia reads: Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.

love does exist between all ages the question is based on the two people what are their success rate.

• What? Its never okay for a guy who's 25 to date a 14-17 year old girl. Where I live there's a four year rule so 14 can date 18, 15 can date 19, and so forth. I don't think there's anything wrong with that really but what business does a grown man in his 20s have with a girl who can't even drive and is in high school and living at home? Doesn't matter if they love each other

• cus im passionate about being right not being "right". speaking from personal experience. and there's nothing wrong with cussing as long as your using it in a correct way. and im calling u by what u r. but your more than that. ur worse than that. i though am a pedo to you which i think is ridiculous coming from a chick who doesn't even know what that word means and can't think for herself i gtg u rnt intelligent enough to have a higher lvl of thinking for yourself yet. and maybe never

• I am not certain what gtg means. You may call it a higher level of thought, but you are still under the auspices of the law. You may hide behind technical definitions, but what does it matter? You can't rationalize away the hurt that is caused by predatory behaviour... even if consent is coerced in a 'nice' way. You may have a sick passion, but the law will catch up with you. I don't know if there is anything to be gained by continuing with this little conversation. I suppose I will continue to think of you as a predator and you will think of me as a bitch. Both are fair enough assumptions. Best wishes to you, but no luck to you if choose to break the law- both legally, ethically and morally.

• Let's look at it this way, because I advocate for close-in-age exemptions:

Males usually mature differently than females, and it is only normal and common for younger girls to go for older guys and vice versa. However, there must be limits if one is under the age of majority. Depending on where you live, the age of consent can vary anywhere from 16-18, however, there are close-in-age exemptions, unofficialy known as "Romeo and Juliet Clauses". This permits young adults to date minors if there is a certain age range apart. For example, an 18 year old can date a 15 year old, and a 19 year old can date a 16 year old. To me, that is perfectly fine, especially if the male is older than the female.

The most lenient I have seen is Colorado. Even though the age of consent is 17 there, if a minor is at least 15, he/she can legally date someone up to 10 years older. That means a 15 year old can date a 25 year old legally. It is a little much, but legal.

I usually say 5 years apart at most, but then again, love has no bounds.

• I'm sure it's normal. I've heard that too when I was in HS. In the cases I've heard about it the girls were getting used and they knew it. They didn't care though. My guess is they liked the feeling of being with a older guy. Makes them feel grown I guess. Idk. All I know is that it sounds like a good situation for a criminal offense to me. I'm 21 and would never do anything sexual with a girl younger than 18.

• It isn't normal. It criminal. Only the most morally bankrupt person would engage in this type of behaviour. Sickening.

• @username19 Normal in terms of I've seen it happen a lot. Not normal in terms of sanity.

• It sounds very wrong to me, I', sure it's illegal for a 25 year old to be with someone younger than 16. Even if it's not illegal, it's still morally wrong on so many levels.