I am 17 and have been single all of high school. Does that suggest something is wrong with me?

I know 17 is young, in all honesty I don't want a relationship I just feel insulted that I've only ever been asked to "hook up" which doesn't happen often and I never do. My best friends are in relationships which doesn't really help this low self-esteem thing I've got going on here. I just want to know if there is something I am doing that is driving guys away.

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny. I just got out of high school where I was in a few relations and I think I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life. Do you see the irony?

Does that suggest something is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you... you just haven't found the right kind of guy yet.

What Guys Said 7

• I think what strike me is your quote "I don't want a relationship". Your perspective in life surrounds your environment. Your best friends may have relationships because they made it a priority in life. You must open up a little with guys in order to be asked to "hook up." Remember in high school everyone is busy on things, e. g., going to prom night, impressing others, having fun, completing credits etc. I would recommend you ask your best friends what you are doing wrong and remember word gets around in high school.

• when you say you feel bad about not being asked for "hook up" is scary
    if you say you feel bad about never being asked out would sound more formal
    being asked out as in a start of a long-term relationship

• You seem perfectly normal to me. Good things come to he or she who waits.

• There are a lot of guys/girls here that have never been in one or only one. Seems 'fairly' common.

• Nope. Trust me it's not as big of a deal as you think either.

• If everyone is dating then it doesn't mean that you should too. Just wait for a good guy or watch guyz who r interested in you.

• no, many don't date in high school.

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't have a boyfriend till almost 18.. probably because I was an ugly duck. Guys find me cute. Now though. Eh

• Nope, you're absolutely normal. A lot of people go through high school single