How tall are you and how tall are you parents? And what's your height preference in the person you date?

I'm 5'8 and my parents are 5'4 and 5 foot tall. Personally, the tallest girl I'd go for is 5'10 but taller than that would be way too awkward for me. I wouldn't mind 5'10 though and would like my future kids chances of becoming taller to be higher since I'm below average. I'd go for any girls shorter than me though as long as I'm attracted to her and our personalities click.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I'm 5'3

My mom is probably a couple inches taller at max. And my dad is who cares.

I like shorter dudes I guess. I don't like to feel small and towered over.

What Girls Said 47

• I'm 5'4. My mom is 5'6 and my dad is 6'1.

My current boyfriend is 6'6 which I find delightful. I don't necessarily have a preference on height for a partner but I must admit that I find the taller guys to be attractive. Guys between 6'0 and 6'7 are who I tend to be attracted to and who I tend to attract. 6'8 is just too tall. I come up to my uncle's elbow. Simply cannot handle that lol

I have dated shorter and that was good too. Let's be honest, at 5'4 it's pretty easy to be the shortest in the relationship :p

• 6'6"? woaaa hehe

• Yeah... he's kind of giant. He wasn't that tall when we started dating. Not sure what happened but he went from 5'6 to 6'6 in like 2 years. You know what's embarrassing? Going to hug your boyfriend and going to put your chin on his shoulder like usual and then suddenly not being able to reach his shoulder and smacking your jaw on his chest.

• im 5'3"

my parents uhm... well theyre not that tall lol, id say mum is 5'6" and dad like, 5'9" ?

my dating preferences? look i dont really care as long as he's taller than me. id love if he were 5'8" or over but honestly, if he's a little shorter it doesn't bother me at all haha

• Im 6'5'', my dad is 6'3'' and my mom is 5'10''.
    I dont really have a preference when it comes to height...

• My mom is 5'3" and my dad is 6'7". I'm 6'1". Most guys are about my height but I would date any guy within a 5 inch range either way, maybe more, as long as he would be okay that I'm tall.

• I'm 5'9 and somehow am taller than both my parents, who are 5'6 and 5'7. My mom is the taller that my dad. I actually have a preference for guys who are the same height as me or slightly taller, like somewhere between 5'9 and 6'0. I'm usually not attracted to super tall guys for some reason; which apparently puts me in the minority based on what my female friends are into.

• What about a guy an inch shorter? I wouldn't mind going for maximum 2 inches taller but I'm trying to see if girls an inch or 2 taller wouldn't mind a 5'8 guy. If most say no then I wouldn't approach them.

• Yeah, but it was a few years ago so it's no big deal now! I'm not sure how I got to be taller than both my parents, but some of my cousins are pretty tall also so that could be a factor. Based on my observations, it seems like most girls unfortunately do prefer taller guys. It's not fair at all.

• Taller is fine, I have no problem with that but if a girl prefers the guy to be at least 5 or 6 inches taller, that's what gets me puzzled. Especially girls as short as 5'1 or 5'2 exclusively dating guys 6 foot and taller. Like if you said you wouldn't have gone for a guy an inch shorter than you, I would have completely respected that. Even respected if you had said you wouldn't go for a guy an inch or 2 taller. Expecting guys to be at least 6 inches taller is something I'll never understand.

• My dad is 6'3" my mom is 5' even. I'm 5'10". I don't care as long as he is around my height but taller is better.

• Im barely 5'3 and almost 20. Smh. My parents are like 5'8 and 5'10. I think i get my granmas heighta tho. They're both like 5'5. Even my middle school sister is taller than me. I prefer to dat a dude whos obviously taller than me, but not taller than like 6'2

• My mom is 5'1ish and my dad is 6'3. I'm 5'4.
    As far as height preference, as long as they're taller than me, I'm content. My boyfriend is 5'8 I think lol He's not too much taller than me but it's perfect.

• We are all pretty short in my family... I'm 5'4", my mom is 5'2" and my dad is 5'10"...5'10" is a good height for me... that's how tall my BF is.

• I'm 5'2, my mother is 5'4 and my father is 5'9.
    Absolute ideal is 5'10, but i'll date 5 feet and up.

• it's not ideal it's too tall for you

• I just prefer guys really tall in proportion to me... Nothing wrong with short guys though

• I'm 5'4. My moms is around 5'6 and my dad is 5'8. I don't think I have a height preference, don't care if I end up having short kids.

• im 5'5 my mom is 4'9 ish an dmy dad is 5'10 id go for a guy thats at least 5'11 because i wear heels a lot

• Why are heels such a big factor to girls? I don't get it. Or do they use that as an excuse to limit themselves to just taller guys. I mean what's wrong with a guy 4 or 5 inches taller than you?

• Lol okay, my bad. You should have stated that your ideal or dream guy is at least 5'11 :)

• yep yep!

• I am almost 5'4, mom is 5'2, dad just under 6' (5.97). I like guys between 5'7 and 6'3 (maybe even more, but I've never been in the situation, lol) , but I was crazy about a guy exactly my height before, but I'd never go shorter.

• I'm 5'8"
    mum is 5'1"
    dad is 5'4"

• Taller then me or the same height

• Whoa. How are you 4 inches taller than your dad as a girl? That's unheard of. So cool though :)

• Asian parents.. I was born in Australia lol.. Mum use to make me drink milk a lot when i was little she wanted me tall as a giant haha

• I am 5'6"
    My dad is 6'2"ish my mom is 5'6" or 5'7".
    I'll date anyone my height or taller.

• I'm 5'7, mom is 5'4 and my dad is 5'10
    As long as they're around my height or taller I'm okay, but I wouldn't want to date someone who was 5in shorter than me because I'd find that awkward.
    But then again, if I like you, I like you

• I'm 5'8 my mom is 5'8 and my dad is 6'2 I would date a guy 5'10. He must be very special if he's as tall as me and I date him.

• I'm 5'3, both of my parents are 5'9. I'd date anyone who's 5'4 or taller :))

• I'm 5'10"

My mum is 5' and my dad is 6'

I prefer to date people my height or taller

• My mom was 5'11 and my dad was 6'1 and my sister was 5'9. I'm 5'2

• That's crazy, how are you so short? Not trying to offend you lol. Anyways what's your height preference in dating?

• Why do you keep using "was" ?

• We'll since they've gotten older they have gotten short

• well my mom is 5 '1 '' and my dad is 6'4'' and im5'3'' and as far as dating goes anyone taller than me my current boyfriend is 5'11''

• I'm 5'1
    My Mom's 5'4
    My Dad's 5'7
    And I'd prefer 5'7 and up

• You wouldn't date a guy between 5'4 to 5'6? Because those guys literally have almost no option in girls, especially when short girls like you who are perfect for them yet most shorter girls your height prefer guys to be at least 5'7 or my height. I feel bad for short guys. My dad is short too.

• I'm not saying I wouldn't date them, it's just my preference

• Me: 5'1
    Mom: 4'11
    Dad: 5'7

I'd be happier if I was 5'4
    I'd date someone who is 5'5 & up

• I'm taller then both my parents at 5' 8" .

• My mom is 5'1"
    My dad is 5'8"
    I'm 5'2" and I think that 5'10-6'0" is the ideal range but its not a must. I would date taller or shorter.

Somehow my brother ended up being 5'11" lol

• 5'7? I think and 5'4 and just taller than me is fine lol

• im 5'7

mom-5'3

dad-6'2

date-5'10-6'4

• I'm 5'2
    My mother is 5' and I don't know how tall my dad is, but he's pretty short.

• I really, really like tall men so somewhere between 5'10-6'4 would be awesome but it's not required. In reality I'll date a guy as long as he's significantly taller than me, so no shorter than 5'7.

• I'm 5'5/5'6, my mother is 6'0, and my dad's 6'3. I prefer if the guy I end up with will be around 6'0. I'm just so used to being around my brothers and they're 6'3. But if I like them enough the height won't matter.

• I'm 5'6. My dad is 6' or 6'1 I guess and my mom is 4'11 to 5'.
    My preference would be at least 6' feet tall.

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 20

• Dam this just broke my heart reading the comments. No loveee for me from GaG ladies.
    o (╥﹏╥) o

Dad before he started shrinking 5'4"
    Mom before shrinking 5'4
    Me 5'4
    No height preference, she could be taller or shorter I don't mind. If she's attractive, then she's attractive.

• I'm 6'2. My dad was 6'2 in his prime, but he's 82 now, so he's shrunk to probably 6'0. My mom was 5'7, but same deal, she's 76 and probably 5'5 now. I have two older half brothers, from my dad's side, and they're 6'5 and 6'4. I'm the runt of the litter, haha.

• My dad is like 5'9 or 5'10

my moms like 5'5 or 5'6 or something

I'm 5'7

Im to shy to date

• Me: 6'5"
    Dad: 6'1"
    Mom: 5'10"
    Sister: 5'7"

I don't care about height when dating but it would be easier if the girl was on the taller side...

• I'm 6'2". My parent's are 5' and 5'8". I like little chicks.

• Mom - 5"4
    Dad- 5"10
    Me-6"2

• i'm 5'7" my dad was 5'9" by the time i was born and my mom 5'4". and i'd NEVER NEVER NEVER date any shorter girl... NEVER

• Due to spinal injury I am down to 6'6"my mom is 5'11"my dad is 6'1"my uncle is 6'4"and my grandfather was about six foot , his dad was 6'4"in the mid 1800s

• I'm 5"9 5"10ish (not sure which one)

And my dad is 5"7 and my mom is 5"4.

I like any girl within the 5"2 to 5"10 range.

• 176 cm
    Mom 155
    Dad 154 cm
    Current gf is 165. I won't go for anyone taller than 180 or shorter than 155

• I'm 6'2", my dad is 5'9" and my mom is 5'4".

• I'm 5'7-5'8. My father 5'8, mother 5'4.
    I like a girl not much taller or shorter.
    I prefer women close to my height.

• 6'4, dad is 6, 6'1 I think, mother was like 5'2.

• I'm 6'4. My mum was 5'11 and my father was 6'3. I tend to fancy short women because they're really cute and feminine looking so somewhere around 5'2 to 5'6 is fine.

• Is*, I don't know why I talked about them in the past tense like that...

• taller than both my parents im 511

• Mom - 5'0
    Dad - 5'8
    Me - 5'9

My preference - 5'8 and above

• im 5'5, and my parents aren;t tall either. I dont disclude anyone based on height.

• I'm 5'10"

My limit is 5'7"

• I'm not sure but I think when you die you shrink so my guess is dad 5"5 and mom 5"7. She is a bit more fresh and was taller by an inch anyway. I am 6 foot 1 but will surely shrink one day too. I take any size as long as it's still warm.

• I'm 5'8.5" at night.
    I would date a girl regardless of height