Is it a bad idea to date my step cousin?

I am kinda interested in my step cousin and I think he's very good looking. We are the same age and he is a very nice guy. Do you think it's a bad idea for me to date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not blood related, but legally, kind of. There technically isn't a problem, but it can lead to family opinion and attitude issues.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont do it. He is basically your family now and whenever you see him things will get awkward when the whole family is around. Even though you're not related by blood, its just wrong. Ask yourself some questions before going through with this. Do my parents approve? Do I see this relationship going far or is it just a fling? Be careful hun. I know sometimes parents won't approve of anything but its most likely because theyve been there done that and know that its a bad idea. Good luck with your decision.

What Guys Said 4

• Not... technically... this is a very odd question that I've thought about before, too. He would've been a potential boyfriend had your parent not broken off and paired with his family; it's the divorce's fault, not yours. What letter does his first name start with, just to be sure 'tis not I?

• Where are you from, West Virginia?

• Well, as long as he's not blood, buttttt at the same time, I'd think you think you couldn't get anyone else. You probably can, you just don't know it, so, you settle

• since he's related to you, bad idea. its the same as incest. there are 7 billion people in this world. im sure there is someone out there that looks kinda like him. i think my niece is hot but can't date her because she's related to me, same idea as your situation.

What Girls Said 2

• It's ok. I remember I once watched a german series Kebab for breakfast where a girl and her stepbrother were dating.

• If it doesn't work out it will create problems