What's something you learned the hard way?

Like the title says, what's something you learned the hard way?

For me it was learning that if a guy doesn't fall for you quickly then he never will. Won't waste my time with that again

Most Helpful Guy

• Find a woman who would be as interesting as a partner if she were a man. Sexual attraction will fade if it stands alone.

End any relationship amicably if possible.

If anything or anyone looks enticing to you, draw your attention away, look at other things and people carefully in comparison, and then look again.

Never call any engagement with a romantic interest a date and never try to get to know someone in a public place.

The best partners are those who approach you - they play an active role in sex and in joint activities.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Guys don't have to be nice if you tell them you're feelings/ask them out (they can be pretty nasty sometimes)
    2) A man's brain (the frontal lobe) is not fully developed until they are closer to 25+. So wanting to date a respectable man means either: wait until they are older-or don't constrain yourself based on age groups (my grandparents were 13 years apart and it wasn't bad for them!).
    3) Just because all of the women on your mom's side found their "one and only" by the time they were 19-does not mean it will carry over to you too! (Sad the family "blessing" seems to have broken with me :( )
    4) Do everything and oversee everything you need yourself!
    5) Real friends won't make fun of you once you tell them to stop, won't compete for you OR your CRUSH, and will NEVER do things to degrade you behind your back! They also will talk about ANYTHING with little to no harsh judgement.
    6) Dying is not easy-especially when you're the one watching it happen to a loved one. But once they are gone-let them go or it will cost the happiness of all those around you (and you) who wish to spend a loving happy time with you.

What Guys Said 10

• I bought a new car back in 2009. It was kind of expensive. I spent more than I wanted to, dipped into my saving more than I wanted to for the down payment. There were some signs that work was cutting back (shift premium cut back, midnight shift canceled, no end of year raise or bonus, lower overall work load). I declined unemployment insurance on my financing for the car. 3 months later my company said they were close to bankruptcy and the place was up for sale and I had no idea if I would have a job or not! So here I was with a brand new car, savings very low, no employment insurance for my payments and facing losing my job! I was a nervous wreck! I got lucky and new owners took over my work, so my job was safe, but that took almost a year! We took pay cuts so it was a very rough time and took about 2 years to recover!
    So what I learned was, never deplete your savings below your "safe level", always have insurance on your payments! Never buy anything big if there is writing on the wall at work about company problems!

• Even the most perfect relationship can end overnight.

• I learn many things the hard way. I tend to reinvent the wheel when I don't need to. My toughest lesson or one of them was not to be overly generous with those that are cold hearted because many times they will not change. I was this girl's best friend a while ago and gave her so much time and attention eventhough it was just a friendship. She never gave me anything back, but I continued. Then one day she threw it all back in my face -that was 2 years of my time. I walked away, and it cost me more than it did her because I was the one that invested in that relationship. Most people would have tried to recoup their losses, but I knew the person inside out by that stage. I knew they'd never change. I knew it was always going to be a one-way deal and I would always be giving and she would always be taking.

• That emotion is not a good advisor. I'm a pretty sensitive guy and I've learnt that staying calm and making a good plan so solve a problem, helps you keep your emotions low.
    I used to get very uncertain and stressed when confronted with trouble.
    I'll always be more or less sensitive but when trouble is on its way now, I make myself a "to do list" to solve the matter and stick to it. That helps.

• I learned that if I want something done
    I better do it myself, other people are unreliable. ^.~

I also learned why life is worth
    living the hard way, if that counts.

• Some relationships are slow burn then flare up. Some are fast initially and burn out.
    Slow burn is better and leads to good long term relationship. But can end after 33 years. Expensively.

• I learned that I can't do everything on my own the hard way.

• Most women have a use-by date of 4 years or less, and can't stay in love with one man for more than that. It doesn't matter how good that man is, it's all over.
    Only about 20% of them are immune to that.
    That's been an expensive lesson.

• Hi:) Sounds like you learned too much too quickly^^

• $$$$$$$ = ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

What Girls Said 7

• I learned not to be such a pushover the hard way. I was the shy, modest, would-do-anything-for-anyone type of girl growing up, and people took advantage of it. I was the "yes" girl, afraid to tell someone 'no'. :P
    I finally realized what a problem it was when I had my first boyfriend (though I don't consider him a boyfriend really). He abused me for a long time verbally and sexually, and I was too afraid to say or do anything. I felt that as long as nobody knew and I was the only one being hurt, then it would be okay. But it wasn't, it ate away at me.
    The best day of my life was when I finally got the courage to stand up to him, and he was shocked. I learned that he was all talk, all his threats were just that, threats. I left him, told him what a selfish jerk he was, and never looked back. I can honestly say that I'll never be taken advantage of again.

• Trust no one.

• -Not all who call themselves my friends are my friends, some may betray me when I least expected.
    - I've learned that if someone said they like you or love you, they have to show me to believe it, otherwise words itself dont have any meaning.
    - also that sometimes being a good, sweet person doesn't help, some people take advantage of that and use it for their own benefits, without caring what the other person feel or think...

• Never eat a grilled cheese and drink milk... You'll face a lot of consequences. Lol

• I've learnt that you can't change someone unless they want to change...

• I learned not to try too nhard in order to make friends. I also learned to never tell anyone you have a chronic illness or they will pity you instead of be friends with you.

• A lot of guys can tell you a lot of things for a very long time, just to play you once... and they do that with a lot of girls...

So, I learned to be very very suspicious if a guy is over the top nice with me.
    Unfortunately that also drives actually nice guys away...

damn it I am trapped :-(

• Being suspiscious is not something you learn.

• But? you inherit? I think you can develop from someone naive to someone suspicious, but I am happy to learn. so please explain.

• Altho it may sound naive, I'm pretty sure you are able to discover that yourself.