Is saying "I love you" necessary?

Even though I love my gf, I just think we overuse the phrase "I love you" when we talk on the phone, when we say goodbye (every time), when we are eating. I just feel like "I love you" is losing meaning and I want to know how would I go about telling her that we overuse it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be overused but I'm pretty sure its just something y'all have just got in the habit of saying it and there's no problem with that. When the time comes when you really want to let her know how much you love her, you can say the exact same thing but you will be subconsciously giving off different body language and she will pick up on it and know you seriously mean it. :) I dont even know if this answered your question, lol

What Girls Said 4

• I am not sure how any other female would react to their man saying, in so many words, "I think we overuse "i love you"."...

My personal first thought would be, --- So what are you trying to say? ---
    ... Even thought you clearly said what you meant to say... I would be offended in sorts.

I think you should slowly stop saying it as much, if you are the initiator in saying it (always saying it first). & then just use your actions to show your feelings...
    Females often secure themselves in their mans and actions - so be sure to still say it time to time and always show through your actions that you love her.

• To be perfectly honest girls like words but the only thing better then words is actions show her you love her. Do something so she will never forget. Next time she says she loves you kiss her really deeply and say you love her not to ever forget and say lets save those special words that we both have for each other for more special times so we never lose the meaning behind them or something like that. It can work has worked for me at least.

• if it is occassionally being said then it has its meaning but if done too frequently i wouldn't think it is that meaningful anymore

• I won't lose its meaning if you meant it when you say it. Afterall you'll never know what will happen tomorrow, you wouldn't know if it's the last time you'll have the chance to say i love you.

What Guys Said 3

• Saying I love you is truly just words... from what I've seen girls like maybe even need to hear this. So to please the mind of her continue to say it... but the meaning of I love you is I your everyday gestures towards her, the small and the big. The way you treat her alone and In public... I think most girls will agree...

• It isn't if you actually love her. When you talk with family, is it not natural to tell them often that you love them? Dating is a precursor to marriage, and healthy married couples constantly tell eachother "I love you." The more you say it, the more you believe it, the truer it becomes.

• Simple fix. Just say "I love Youtube" really fast. :D