If a girl is willing to be friends with a guy, why wouldn't she want to date him?

The question is pretty simple. Do girls like being friends with guys before getting into a relatonship? How do you know if she is trying to go from friendly to more if she isn't flirty or if she is shy?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes yes omg yes.
    I want to know the guy before I start flirting with him.
    I want to become friends first and know his morals before i'd choose to want to be with him.
    You'd know if her friendliness gets more and more friendly until you feel like she's flirting with you.
    She'd just get friendlier and more comfortable texting. If you see her in person, and she acts shy, then im guessing she'll like you.

I've tried flirting with a guy right away only to know later in 2 months that he's homophobic.

What Girls Said 8

• you've never thought someone had a cool personality but didn't want to date them?

• I have thought that I would want to date them, but the question is about girls being friends with guys. Do girls want to be friends with a guy before they date him?

Or if she is already a friend is there potential that he would be attracted to him before hand or being friends is kind of her way to see if she might like him.

Then is he girl is shy or not a flirt is there any way to tell.

Sorry my question is probably confusing

• Okay so I have this friend, we'll call him Tom, Tom and I have been friends since ninth grade and if I wasn't in a relationship I would probably want to date Tom. But I would feel a little awkward because I have told Tom so many things that I haven't told any body else. Also he's the one I talk to about about my desires when I am in a relationship so he would have to think about all those things if we were dating. But I don't know if any of this applies to you.

• Some people like i would be more comfortable dating a guy who i was friends with. Some girls just want to be friends. And i can't answer the last question you had cause i dont even know

• Sometimes a girl wants to be friends with a guy just to have a guy friend and girls don't always wanna date who there friends with trust me and if she likes you and she's not flirty or shy then talk to her lore and hang out with her more Becuase pretty soon she'll become comfortable and then you can really see if she likes you.

• She wants gay friends, not straight friends, what straight male, is going to go shopping with her (assuming she does that)

• Maybe they just aren't attracted to the guy.

• It could be multiple things... for me it's because i always have a boyfriend

• She's not dating you because she wants to be friends

• What if she finds out an interest of mine and calls me a few days later Hoping I can come out withina few hours

• And want to do that activity/interest she found out about

• There's probably no spark, no physical chemistry, no... potential for love.

• i. e. no physical attraction. So you have to ask yourself, are you willing to be friends with a guy you're not physically attracted to

What Guys Said 2

• Smells like lies from these girls;))

Sometimes they don't date a good friend because they don't want to lose him! If you are a nice guy that girl loves to talk with than she won't date you, but just to be friends.

• These girls don't date their friends because they're afraid of what might happen if they break up... if they break up, they were never friends in the first place, right?