Am I asking too much? Guys and Girls answer?

I'm aware relationships aren't perfect. I always got this image in my head about what having a boyfriend is like. Yes, I've never had a boyfriend, oh no what a freak, I've heard it all before whatever. I want a guy that'll walk me to class and hold my hand in the hallways and at lunch. When we watch scary movies he'll let my hide my face in his chest. If we go on a date we'll do something fun like watch crappy movies and laugh at how cheesy they are. Go ride quads in the desert cus I love doing stuff like that. Maybe teach me to play video games because i really suck at those. And not be constantly at my side. Expensive things make me uncomfortable and I'd rather chill and have a movie marathon than go out to eat at some restaurant. I told my friends this and they said that boys don't like to do that. Whatever guy I date will probably only do one of those things if i'm lucky. They told me I need to be more girly because I prefer skinny jeans, converse, and band-shirts, don't get me wrong I don't look like a dude i just like being comfortable. And I'm decently pretty (i feel stuck up saying that omg). I completely get that relationships aren't Disney movies or chick flicks but Do i need to loose the idea of doing that stuff?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not asking too much. But anyone with a checklist is in for disappointment. You can easily get half those things from a guy, maybe even 3/4, but all of them is unlikely. I actually liked everything on the list except hand holding and quad venturing. My point is that I'm a guy, and if I can relate to your tastes then so can other guys. Just have to be willing to compromise.

I like to golf, but I don't ever want a female to accompany me in doing so. That's my day with my bros and all the guys and their girls know and support the idea. However, if a chick wants to lay out on the beach with a book or somethin' while I hit the surf then I'm okay with that. I can come back to shore and chill with her or we can both go out and play in the water. I love all genres of film, but I like to watch guy-movies with buds or alone. Love TV series and I'll watch almost any show with a gal, but the second she asks me to join her in Reality based drama to the hilt stuff, I'll be in the garage workin' on my car listenin' to some tunes inside of 3 seconds.

You can't get everything from one person, that's where having friends and or family comes into play. Maybe a guy will do some things on your list but cheesy romcoms are out. So what, watch 'em with a friend when he's gone or you leave and it's girl's night out.

You feelin' me on this?

Oh and don't worry bout your style either. My best friend is quite handsome and his chick dresses very similarly to you and she's not femmy in the slightest. He could do way better, but he chose and loves her. They go out here and there, but mostly it's an easy dinner at home watchin' TV for the two if them.

What Guys Said 3

• You've got a big wish list.
    Some people are good at almost anything, but they might not be easy to find.
    If you find one, you might need this so he won't get away.
    cdn.preterhuman.net/.../...20Love%20with%20You.PDF

• It sounds like you want this all-encompassng perfect guy but you don't tell us anything about what you're bringing to the table. What makes you deserve a guy like that? (They do exist, by the way, nothing you've mentioned is inherently impossible for a guy, and I'd say you're even more likely to find a guy like this amongst the so-called unattractive "nice" guys) But while you're putting a list together of all the things you want him to be, and checking it twice like Santa, why not work on another list of all the things you think you can bring to another guys life?

• You do sound like you're just a friend type. You need to girly it up just a tad, not too much, but just a tad

What Girls Said 2

• Oh god no, don't give any of that up. I'm very similar to you. I'm 22 with zero dating experience, and I finally sucked it up and turned to online dating, and look and behold I found a guy that I didn't think could exist. He likes all the same stuff I do, he's sarcastic, he loves lame movies. The thing with online dating is that you have access to so many different kinds of people. I mean, it has its pros and cons, but if you manage to find someone great, then who cares about the negatives?
    But yeah, don't ever change who you are (Oh god, I'm so disgustingly positive haha) because there are so many different types of guys out there, many of whom are looking for someone just like you.

• so you are mainly an inexpensive female, sure there are a lot of poor dudes out there if this is really how you want to do it