Dating younger guys!!?

I really like a guy who is younger than me (by a year exactly! We have the same birthday). We've dated before, and I haven't moved on. He's friend zoned me... And I've done the same!! I don't know what to do!!! Help? He's currently "talking" to another girl...

• Date
  • Move on
  • Stay Friends

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in the exact same freaking situation like THE EXACT SAME! I just moved on because we both were interested in different people and that's why it didn't work out between us... Only difference is that you still like him, I don't have a lot of advice except maybe try to get back together with him if he wants to and if not then sadly you will have to move on. Good luck I hope it works out!

What Guys Said 5

• Date.

I'm in this situation as a guy though right now... So I might be bias, but Age is just a number.

And like Ildskf said... it should be about maturity and compatability. Not about "OMG he's 4 years younger than me. It won't work!" Stop handicapping yourself.

• Well i say it's time to move on. But there's nothing wrong with dating a younger and im saying cause every girl i've dated were older than me.

• Don't date him

• no way leave him be

• Leave him alone

What Girls Said 7

• You should date him, if he is interested... if you guys are friends it best not to hurt the relationship and stay friends... meant to click stay friends instead of date... if its meant to be it will happen in the future not now

• I really don't think there is much of a difference dating a guy younger vs a guy the same age, vs a guy that is older. It really depends on the individual people. Since you are only older by a year treat it the same as you would a guy that is your age... my BF is 4 years younger than me... and the age makes no difference at all... because he is a lot more mature and has had more life experiences than I have... so I often think he is older

• Thank you!!! This is exactly what I wanted to hear!!!

• My boyfriend is 16 months younger than me. He was intimidated by my age so I asked him out and we've been together 17 months today. We have a good relationship and we feel we've found our soulmates. We get along perfectly.

• 1 year isn't that big of a deal at all... but you have to act soon if you want to get out of his friend zone... it's like quicksand, lol

• Since he has moved on by friendzoninig u, i think u should do the same too. he is already looking at other girl.

• can't be a year maybe months less than 6 but not a year

• There's no issue in dating younger - just not too much younger. There's the whole legal aspect and maturity aspect to be considered.

In your situation, you two would be relatively about the same maturity level I assume and legally you're in the grace area.

In your SPECIFIC situation... you've been friend zoned. You either need to get out of there officially and do this for real, or you need to accept just friendship and maybe hold out for later or just move on entirely.