Is this true? It's better to stop thinking and looking and then when it's least unexpected?

So I never have a boyfriend. I dated one guy which is a whole another story. But everyone tells me when you don't expect it, love will come. They say not to look for it and it's better to wait for it to come. So is it true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends who you ask I guess. the married 20 something could very well hold this view. The 45 yo spinster might not be so optimistic.

In the end, it's all a gamble. But I think the saying comes from the fact that you have more chance of meeting a good match by just doing the things that you like and let things grow organically as opposed to force them. But everyone definitely isn't that lucky.

What Guys Said 2

• Not entirely true.

You should always keep putting effort into flirting, because if you don't you will practically be seen as unavailable by most people.

• If you think it appears "totally unexpected" then it's not going to appear at all.
    ' This advice given by morons.

It's like saying "money will come to you if you don't work your ass off at a job, just wait and don't worry about taxes not being paid".

What Girls Said 1

• No. It's not true. I've been waiting and not caring for years and nothing. That's just something coupled up people tell you to make you feel better. You'll just be waiting around